Visa for BFD Verpflichtungserklärung?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I have doubts about my Visa application and I wondered if there was someone in the same situation as me that can clarify some points. I approached the concerned authorities but didn't have any clear answer sadly. I am planning to enroll for a BFD this coming year in a youth center in Berlin. In my contract it is stated that I will receive 400€ as pocket money as well as health insurance. However the Organisation cannot provide an accommodation for me. A friend of mine offered to host me for the duration of my stay in Berlin and the Organization told me that he could make kind of a "hosting declaration" and that would be enough to get a Visa. Now my previous experience in the Volunteering field was similar, I had my pocket money, health insurance, and the organization provided tge accommodation and it was all good. But I have heard that a hosting declaration was not enough and that my friend should make a Verpflichtungserklärung instead, which is impossible right now because the amount of money demanded is too high. Does anyone have an idea about this and did anyone do a BFD before ? What did you need to get the Visa? And do you think that a Verpflichtungserklärung is necessary, or does the hosting declaration represent enough security for me to get the Visa? 

Thanks in advance. 

@john g.@Kommentarlos

Thank you for your answers! :) I already researched the Verpflichtungserklärung requirements before posting here and my friend cannot do that as the money demanded is too high, because it's Berlin. As you said it would have been less demanding if it was in another city in Germany. I had hoped the rules have changed somehow hah! But I am still not sure if the hosting declaration is enough proof for the embassy to issue a Visa. I tried to reach out and ask but I didn't receive any answer. Anyway if someone has gone through this before please share your experience! Thanks :)