Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for a (Native) English tutor in Trier

2 posts in this topic

Hello ! 

We re living in Trier, and I would like to find a ( preferably native ) English speaking person for private lessons to my 11 year old daughter . I was thinking something like 2 hours of teaching and 2 hours of playing/interacting in English , weekly , but of course that can be further discussed . Preferably female as my little one would feel more comfortable, esp for the playtime etc
Would you happen to know somebody that would fit the description ? Or where I should address to find someone appropriate, if you might know . 
Thank you in advance !

Hello stardust

I am not a good fit for your preferences, for several reasons:  1) I am a 72 year old male;  2) I’m not sure I could spend two hours playing constructively with an 11 year old girl;  3) I live about 25 km from Trier.

On the other hand, I am a native English speaker and I have experience helping schoolchildren with their English.  Three of my former pupils had German as a second language (Polish, Dutch and Arabic being their first languages).  One of my former pupils, the Polish boy, has just passed his football referee exams in English.

I suggest that if after a month or so you haven’t found a better fit you can contact me and we’ll see if I can help.

Best of luck with you search.