Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lufthansa Strike

9 posts in this topic

If you planned to fly LH on Thursday or Friday, make other plans....

A friend is going to Asia tomorrow and declared how relieved he is that he chose an airline essentially run by a dictator - no strikes. Ever!

If I were in his shoes I might agree ;)

11 hours ago, lisa13 said:

A friend is going to Asia tomorrow and declared how relieved he is that he chose an airline essentially run by a dictator - no strikes. Ever!

If I were in his shoes I might agree ;)

Yep, if ever I go on holiday to the Far East I never fly with Lufthansa as there have been these strikes over the last few years now. Air China, Cathay Pacific and Aeroflot all provide a very good service and you can pretty much guarantee that they will never go on strike.

I am so surprised that it's the cabin crew that are on strike.  I know a couple of Lufthansa stewards (I hope this is PC).  Every time i speak with them they are either 10 days off or going on holiday. I'll have to ask them what the hell else they want.

7 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

None of the daughter companies of Lufthansa are affected: https://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/streik-was-lufthansa-passagiere-wissen-muessen-a-1294829.html

• "The Group Airlines Eurowings, Germanwings, Sunexpress, Lufthansa Cityline, SWISS, Edelweiss, Austrian Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Brussels Airlines will not be on strike, the press release continued."

Danke

22 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

None of the daughter companies of Lufthansa are affected: https://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/streik-was-lufthansa-passagiere-wissen-muessen-a-1294829.html

• "The Group Airlines Eurowings, Germanwings, Sunexpress, Lufthansa Cityline, SWISS, Edelweiss, Austrian Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Brussels Airlines will not be on strike, the press release continued."

Yet. Apparently the union is considering widening the strike in the next round, if Lufthansa doesn't respond to their demands sufficiently.

At least that's what I heard on the news yesterday.

It wouldn't surprise me if their announcement of eliminating 700-800 jobs at Austrian Airways yesterday generated some kind of response.

The disruption, stress, lost days and enormous costs to their customers, yet they keep coming back for more.  After the Air Berlin fiasco, EU airlines are the absolute last resort...