Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Inform unemployment agency about trip

4 posts in this topic

Hi all there. I have succefully registered for the unemployment benefits with six months duration (my job contract was 1-year). During the registration a guy over there told me that i deserve 20 days vacation and i should inform them in the case i leave my city. 

Can someone tell me more details about that? Are there somewhere official rules? 

In the case i will not inform them, what might happen? If i go to a near city? If i go to a far German city or to a neighbouring EU country (France or Netherlands) for 5-7 days by car, bus or train without informing them, what may happen? Is it possible to detect that i left my city, for example by gps or by my cellphone location or something more complicated? 

Or the only possibility is to send me an invitation to visit them, but since i will not be in my city i will not be able to attend with any possible consequences? They have already invited me once and i attended. In the case it will happen, will a doctor confirmation that i was not good which i will give them some days after the invitation be enough? 

Simply said, should i be completely careful and inform them about any of my moves, or if i leave the city for some days, a friend checking my mailbox will be enough? What do you advise me? 

Thanks in advance. 

Chill.

If you go on holiday phone them up and tell them, giving them your number. You are entitled to 3 weeks paid per year if there are no appointments or advice sessions.

If you go beyond 3 weeks you might lose some money.

Why would they trace your phone? 

If you go away for a bit then tell them.

Your number of vacation days is pro-rated. The yearly is 3 weeks and so if you are ALG is for 6 months then you would have half of the three weeks. 

You can go wherever you want, they don't care, but you need to tell the ArbeitsAmt that you will be taking your legally alloted vacation. In that period they will not expect you to look for work. And if they are organized they will not schedule you for a CV check on the like. Inform them, know how long you have and follow the rules. It is quite easy. Happy job hunting!

dj's link above actually allows you to notify the AAmt of your vacation. And it has some confusing possibilities. The 'rule of thumb' 3 weeks paid ALG vacation and always inform them.