Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Christmas tree delivery

12 posts in this topic

I usually pick up a really great Christmas tree at a place I know for about 26 or 29 Euros. I get a 2.5 meter tree or bigger. It's fine to get it up 72 steps but I am curious if anyone gets their tree delivered. Last year I offered the sellers the same money to deliver it as the tree cost but they were not interested.

The FFW Pöcking sells Christmas trees each year, and, for a small donation, the junior firefighters  deliver the trees locally, and collect them again after New Year.

The tree selling event is a real fund-raiser for the FFW, and is also well-loved by the locals!

This year we are selling Christmas trees on December 14th just behind the Fire Station, in the Gemeinde car park.

34 minutes ago, black1 said:

I usually pick up a really great Christmas tree at a place I know for about 26 or 29 Euros. I get a 2.5 meter tree or bigger. It's fine to get it up 72 steps but I am curious if anyone gets their tree delivered. Last year I offered the sellers the same money to deliver it as the tree cost but they were not interested.

I order mine on the interwebs and DHL delivers on day requested so far. 92 steps. Only 2 m though. Can you have Xmas tree envy? :ph34r:

14 hours ago, robinson100 said:

The FFW Pöcking sells Christmas trees each year, and, for a small donation, the junior firefighters  deliver the trees locally, and collect them again after New Year.

The tree selling event is a real fund-raiser for the FFW, and is also well-loved by the locals!

This year we are selling Christmas trees on December 14th just behind the Fire Station, in the Gemeinde car park.

Sounds very nice. 

So for a small donation they will bring it to Berlin and collect it? No I know they won't, you live in Munich. This is the Berlin forum. I guess I will probably do it as normal and maybe carry it with someone.

1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

Thanks for that. I saw most of those already. Way too small. Smaller than me. I usually get a really big one and have a cupboard full of decorations.

Thank you all. at least I know now from my own googling and yours that it is in fact perfectly reasonable to get one delivered here.

So many things that I think are perfectly reasonable often are not here, so one must be careful. For example, all year round ice skating is normal in the UK even in some small towns; not in Berlin.  

In the end I found a good place. Good tall trees at good prices and delivery is not too bad. We are going to give it a go. Never had a tree delivered before so quite exciting. It reminds of the film with Paul Giamatti - All is Bright

Good to know, but what little info you posted isn't really going to help anyone else looking for something similar in size.

We decided to buy a bio Christmas tree this year. Lots of good reasons to do so as shown on google. I.e. 

https://www.br.de/radio/bayern1/inhalt/experten-tipps/umweltkommissar/christbaum-weihnachtsbaum-bio-100.html

and

https://www.bund.net/mitmachen/bund-tipps/detail-tipps/tip/oeko-weihnachtsbaeume-fuer-weniger-gift-im-wohnzimmer/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqL20_6TX5QIVBYbVCh1b5QaxEAAYBCAAEgIlNPD_BwE

There are various online suppliers, the delivery being via DHL etc. Here's one website https://www.bio-weihnachtsbaum-versand.de/onlineshop-weihnachtsbaum. I'm sure that non bio trees can be bought online too though maybe not more than 2 metes high. We've since found that our local garden centers will be stocking regional grown bio Nordmann trees up to 2.5 meters so well just fetch one.  Most garden centers near us deliver anything for a reasonable fee.  Maybe ask in your area.  

You can rent christmas trees too.  Though with my record on keeping houseplants alive might not get deposit back.