Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How can I Change My Masters Course?

1 post in this topic


I studied the first semester at Leibniz University Hannover. I got an offer to study masters in Technical Logistics at Duisburg-Essen University. However, Duisburg-Essen university asked me to get enrolled as a German Language Student First at the Duisburg-Essen University and study up to A2 and then I will be enrolled to the masters program.


I visited Hannover's immigration office two times and they provided conflicting information. In the first time they said that I have to bring the enrollment certificate from the new university then they can change my residence permit, and today they said that I cannot change my residence permit if I am enrolled as a German Language student at Duisburg-Essen University. He also told me that I can change or extend my residence permit from Duisburg city as well. 


So, my question is: can I change or extend my residence permit in Duisburg city? The foreign office guys in Hannover are giving conflicting information. Thanks a lot and waiting for your help!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0