Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EU Blue Card - Unemployment

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a non EU citizen who holds an EU Blue Card in Germany. After 8 months I want to voluntarily resign from my job and actually I have to do this because my boss insults me at job and I really can’t take this anymore with him. Why he does it? Apparently because he really have no more usage for me and wants to force me out! I also am very unwilling to sue anyone in Germany, so I don’t want to report him to anyone ever because in 99.999% of times it never works and I have no time for it too. It doesn’t matter who is right or wrong, I just want to get out. My time is more worthy.

There are several options for me to get out:

1) Signing an “Aufhebungsvertrag”. I have to tell you my boss in this case is willing to sign for my immediate departure. So I can get out quickly.

But in this case what will happen regarding unemployment benefit? I have heard if I do this, for the first 3 months after I become jobless, I receive no unemployment benefit but in the 4th month I receive the normal unemployment benefit which will be 60% of my net monthly income and this will continue for the next 4 months afterwards (since I have worked for 8 months in total). But am I correct about all these assumptions?

Also in this case, what will happen regarding the Ausländerbehörde?

Normally anyone after becoming jobless with an EU Blue Card, has time to look for a new job for 3 months. However if he can get more than 3 months unemployment benefit with his EU Blue Card, this 3 months’ limit will increase accordingly. In my case I will have 4 months unemployment benefit but if I sign an “Aufhebungsvertrag”, I receive nothing until the 4th month of unemployment. So it seems “Aufhebungsvertrag” can also affect my limitation for staying in Germany and reduce it from 4 months in my case to the normal 3 months. But are all of these correct?

2) Another solution is to simply stop going to work! But what will happen in this case? I want to know the exact consequences in this case in regard to both unemployment benefit as well as the EU Blue Card.

Thank you very much for your answers in advance.

13 hours ago, NonEUCitizen said:

Hello,

I am a non EU citizen who holds an EU Blue Card in Germany. After 8 months I want to voluntarily resign from my job and actually I have to do this because my boss insults me at job and I really can’t take this anymore with him. Why he does it? Apparently because he really have no more usage for me and wants to force me out! I also am very unwilling to sue anyone in Germany, so I don’t want to report him to anyone ever because in 99.999% of times it never works and I have no time for it too. It doesn’t matter who is right or wrong, I just want to get out. My time is more worthy.

There are several options for me to get out:

1) Signing an “Aufhebungsvertrag”. I have to tell you my boss in this case is willing to sign for my immediate departure. So I can get out quickly.

But in this case what will happen regarding unemployment benefit? I have heard if I do this, for the first 3 months after I become jobless, I receive no unemployment benefit but in the 4th month I receive the normal unemployment benefit which will be 60% of my net monthly income and this will continue for the next 4 months afterwards (since I have worked for 8 months in total). But am I correct about all these assumptions?

Also in this case, what will happen regarding the Ausländerbehörde?

Normally anyone after becoming jobless with an EU Blue Card, has time to look for a new job for 3 months. However if he can get more than 3 months unemployment benefit with his EU Blue Card, this 3 months’ limit will increase accordingly. In my case I will have 4 months unemployment benefit but if I sign an “Aufhebungsvertrag”, I receive nothing until the 4th month of unemployment. So it seems “Aufhebungsvertrag” can also affect my limitation for staying in Germany and reduce it from 4 months in my case to the normal 3 months. But are all of these correct?

2) Another solution is to simply stop going to work! But what will happen in this case? I want to know the exact consequences in this case in regard to both unemployment benefit as well as the EU Blue Card.

Thank you very much for your answers in advance.

To be eligible to receive an unemployment benefit (ALG1), you should have worked at least 12 months. You say that you have been working with a Blue Card for the past 8 months, did you work with another permit before that?