Wife applied for Family reunion from Beirut

12 posts in this topic

My wife has applied in early September for a Family reunion visa to join me in Aachen, NRW. I am a holder of a blue card.

Is there any way to contact the auslaederamt to make the process go faster or at least get an update?

We are targeting getting the visa by December but there is no way to track the application.

Thanks,

-M

did she apply via one of the German Missions/Consulates?  If so she should contact them for an update.  she might not get one but afaik the office that handles the application is the first point of contact for questions.

I have never seen any positive results reported from people who tried to "speed" an application unless an employer was involved (meaning the employer can, or could at one time, get the application fast tracked).      

No, not really through them. but its really frustrating that you don't even have a time frame of how much time it would take or where you are at in the application process.

6 minutes ago, CaptainMcAwesome said:

No, not really through them. 

Then how?

The primary responsibility for issuing visas lies with the missions abroad, i.e. embassies and consulates. They then consult the respective foreigners authorities in Germany. And how long that takes depends on how many other applications have to be processed, you are not the only ones.  

8 minutes ago, CaptainMcAwesome said:

No, not really through them. but its really frustrating that you don't even have a time frame of how much time it would take or where you are at in the application process.

even if you apply in Germany you don't get any info while the application is being processed.  It's just "in progress", "ready to be picked up" and sometimes "rejected".  Again, with an employer who is actively involved, they can sometimes get more info.  Outside of that you just wait.

We applied through the Germany embassy in Beirut. (i supposed that's different from what you meant by missions since there are other missions that give visas through other ways).

Yes, I understand it depends on the number of other applicants, but it is not also fair to pause your life plans for god knows how many months until they would finally reply.

I'm not saying I require special treatment or whatever, but at least a time frame or a rough estimate that would let me plan my life a little easier.

? visas through other ways?

the German Missions Abroad is the blanket term that covers German embassies, consulates and "representative offices" outside of Germany - sorry that was not clear.  Anyway she should contact the office that took her application.  I highly doubt she will get the estimate you seek but that's who should handle your question.

But he is right. Getting at least an idea about timelines would help with any plans. If you know that a visa needs e.g. 6 to 9 weeks you can plan. But then. What if it is rejected?

8 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

But he is right. Getting at least an idea about timelines would help with any plans. If you know that a visa needs e.g. 6 to 9 weeks you can plan. But then. What if it is rejected?

Both the Federal Foreign Office and the German embassies inform that the procedure can take several months. So this is clear from the outset and one should adjust one's plans accordingly.

Federal Foreign Office:

"Bei einem Antrag für ein Visum, das zu einem längerfristigen Aufenthalt berechtigt, müssen Sie je nach Aufenthaltszweck mit einer mehrmonatigen Bearbeitungszeit rechnen."

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/einreiseundaufenthalt/visabestimmungen-allgemein#content_4

German Embassy in Beirut:

"Das Zustimmungsverfahren dauert häufig mehrere Wochen bis Monate, da die Ausländerbehörde und oft weitere deutsche Behörden zu beteiligen sind. Die Botschaft darf das beantragte Visum erst erteilen, wenn die Zustimmung dieser Behörden vorliegt. Auf die Bearbeitungsdauer und die Entscheidungen der Behörden kann die Botschaft keinen Einfluss nehmen."

https://beirut.diplo.de/lb-de/service/05-VisaEinreise/nationalevisalibanon/2009932

@someonesdaughter

thank you for going through the effort to search for all this. its appreciated.

but how can one plan from week(s) to month(s)? :P

That's just legal jargon to tell you that you're gonna have to wait and we don't want to take responsibility for your waiting.

Just now, CaptainMcAwesome said:

@someonesdaughter

thank you for going through the effort to search for all this. its appreciated.

but how can one plan from week(s) to month(s)? :P

Some people can do it, others can't. That's life. 

Just now, CaptainMcAwesome said:

That's just legal jargon to tell you that you're gonna have to wait and we don't want to take responsibility for your waiting.

That's right. And those who know this beforehand can adjust their plans accordingly. Or let it be, nothing changes in the procedure. 

I understand that you can currently expect to wait a year for an appointment for a family reunion visa in Jorden.

Perhaps your wife could ask around herself in Beirut.