Non-Smoking Bars/Kneipe in Hamburg (Lack of)

47 posts in this topic

yeah like I said, not a personal rec, but figured I'd throw it out there.  for you or others who come after, maybe of use.

35 minutes ago, silty1 said:

I enjoy shooting pool and having a beer or two at Shovel Road from time to time.  It's got a kind of roadhouse atmosphere and live music often on weekends.  If you want to smoke you either hang around this one small, closed-off room in one corner, or head to the tables outside.  It used to be smelly and smokey, now it's possible to spend a couple of hours without coming out stinking like an ashtray.

Thanks for that. On the opposite side of town for me, but looks interesting for the live music. Could be a bit like

Rock Tango on Barmbeker Markt, now sadly closed, which attracted a mix of old rockers, 60's fans up for a beer and a bit of dancing. Not exactly a bar/kneipe, but nevertheless a decent evening out. 

On 24/10/2019 14:48:22, lisa13 said:

indoor smoking bans do generally work in Germany.  You just don't have them in Hamburg, apparently.

well and also not in Berlin...

On 10/25/2019, 5:37:12, alexunterwegs said:

On the opposite side of town for me

come to M&V tonight for my English meet up at 6 pm. Lange Reihe 22.

Cheers. tor

6 hours ago, tor said:

come to M&V tonight for my English meet up at 6 pm. Lange Reihe 22.

Cheers. tor

Thanks Tor but I'll give this one a miss.  

My original post was really more about authentic German bars nof the non-smoking variety. Not so much about  an english meet-up..

well it doesn't get much more authentic than m&v. it's been around the the 1930's and in it's heyday, it was one of the favorite bars of sailors and hookers.now it's just a bar that has maintained its charm and is still thriving.