Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anmeldung while changing hotels

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have been in Munich for about a week now, stayed at a hotel for my first week and now moved to another one for 10 more days, before getting a temporary apartment. I am still viewing

apartments(luckily I was accepted in one already, but i decided not to take it but go for a different one instead which i think i may close the deal with next week).

I do have to go do my Anmeldung with week, and i am reading that i need a Wohnungsgeberbestätigung, basically a form that confirms my residence. I am reading mixed posts on whether

i would be able to get it from the hotel reception, especially since i just arrived at the second hotel. However, in order to be legal, I definitely need to do it. Plus i need it for insurance/banking/paychecks/phone, pretty much everything :D

So, i am wondering, how does it work when you are temporarily living in one or two hotels for your first 2 weeks in Munich ? Do you just ask the reception and they have to give it to you ?

Thanks !

On 20/10/2019, 20:51:32, hthought said:

Hi all,

I have been in Munich for about a week now, stayed at a hotel for my first week and now moved to another one for 10 more days, before getting a temporary apartment. I am still viewing

apartments(luckily I was accepted in one already, but i decided not to take it but go for a different one instead which i think i may close the deal with next week).

I do have to go do my Anmeldung with week, and i am reading that i need a Wohnungsgeberbestätigung, basically a form that confirms my residence. I am reading mixed posts on whether

i would be able to get it from the hotel reception, especially since i just arrived at the second hotel. However, in order to be legal, I definitely need to do it. Plus i need it for insurance/banking/paychecks/phone, pretty much everything :D

So, i am wondering, how does it work when you are temporarily living in one or two hotels for your first 2 weeks in Munich ? Do you just ask the reception and they have to give it to you ?

Thanks !

I think it is completely ok to wait a couple of weeks until you get a place.

Regarding you "need" it ...well my experience is different. I have opened an account at N26 with only my passport, same as insurance using Coya. For my phone contract didn't need that and my employeer never asked for it.

But that is my experience, yours could be different :)

35 minutes ago, travelerworker said:

I think it is completely ok to wait a couple of weeks until you get a place.

Regarding you "need" it ...well my experience is different. I have opened an account at N26 with only my passport, same as insurance using Coya. For my phone contract didn't need that and my employeer never asked for it.

But that is my experience, yours could be different :)

Have you tried to obtain a residence permit without an Anmeldebestätigung? The OP is American (and hopefully solved this problem by now) and requires a residence permit to work here.

by the way, happy to see that the hotel was ok helping you, somebody was implaying on another post that no hotel would do that :)

The OP never said how it turned out re: whether the hotel assisted him or not.  You have a certain panache for filling in blanks to suit your stance, eh?