Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Telc B2 Book Recommendations

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have been trying to track books targeting the B2 TELC exam. Mainly interested in books containing several model tests, as I already have other material for preparation (e.g. grammar, etc.). Can someone please recommend the best option here?

Also, has there been a change in the test structure for TELC in 2019? (happened for Goethe B2 this year, and some of my friends were shocked to find that out at the test center.)

Thanks!

18 hours ago, niland said:

Hi All,

I have been trying to track books targeting the B2 TELC exam. Mainly interested in books containing several model tests, as I already have other material for preparation (e.g. grammar, etc.). Can someone please recommend the best option here?

Also, has there been a change in the test structure for TELC in 2019? (happened for Goethe B2 this year, and some of my friends were shocked to find that out at the test center.)

Thanks!

For the book part of it, i replied in the other thread. With regards to the changes, Telc still remains in the same format, but they are asking usually E-mails to be written instead of letters. I took the exam last Friday, and i have up to date information on that.

Great to know that. The themes of the email are still the same as letters, i.e. request or complaint, or this too has changed?

1 hour ago, niland said:

Great to know that. The themes of the email are still the same as letters, i.e. request or complaint, or this too has changed?

Correct. Either Beschwerdebrief or Bitte um Information. Job application letters (Bewerbungsbrief) are not asked anymore.

Yet to find books focusing on B2 TELC model exams with full solutions (also the writing part). Recommendations?

I used this for the B1 exam:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3060210233/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which I found indispensable and full of information for the exam, which took you through each step, what to expect, official and suggesting timings, what not to do, and had several model exams with written examples.

And have just purchased the C1 equivalent which I am planning to do in a few months, although I will do Goethe exam as TELC C1 is not available locally.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3060205310/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I would suggest the B2 version of this.  

That's awesome. Did it also have solutions for letters or emails in the multiple model exams? 

1 minute ago, niland said:

That's awesome. Did it also have solutions for letters or emails in the multiple model exams? 

Yes, that is what I meant with  

"several model exams with written examples".