Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fire in my apartment building

19 posts in this topic

Terrible. Hope you recover from the shock sooner rather than later and have someone to talk to when it really hits you. If you find you are dreaming about it and/or the images will not go away after a reasonable time, get professional help. Glad you got out.

Terrible. Hope you recover from the shock sooner rather than later and have someone to talk to when it really hits you. If you find you are dreaming about it and/or the images will not go away after a reasonable time, get professional help. Glad you got out.

@Wulfrun: Do you have a friend to stay with while the house is being cleared? Else let us know here, we'll find something.

Sorry to hear this, Wulfrun. Hope you and yours are OK.

2 minutes ago, Metall said:

@Wulfrun: Do you have a friend to stay with while the house is being cleared? Else let us know here, we'll find something.

Only the apartment with the fire and a couple of adjacent ones were affected, after extinguishing the fire the firemen cleared all the smoke from the building with some huge fans. So most of the residents were able to return. The firemen came around again to check for any more smoke, then gave us the all clear.

15 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Sorry to hear this, Wulfrun. Hope you and yours are OK.

Thanks  just shocked after hearing about the fatality

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Do they know the cause of the fire yet?

I don't know, but the report said that the police are investigating it, probably take a few days.  The damage to the apartment seemed to be quite severe.

The smoke alarm in my bedroom went off at about 7:00 in the morning on Thur. I was asleep and floundered around trying to turn it off. I climbed up on a rolling office chair, reached up and forgot about the ceiling fan. It hit the side of my hand and almost broke it (hand). I fell off the chair. Himself saved the day when he came running in with the pipe from the Dyson and just knocked it to the ground. I have just decided to put it back up, thanks to you.

Our building had new smoke alarms fitted last year, in every apartment and on every landing. I can't understand how they didn't escape

Wulfrun, do you want to come to Curry Night on Wednesday and have dinner/drinks/chat with us?

Maybe it will help deal with things a bit. :)

Update Monday, 14:00 - 19-year-old died of the consequences of the fire

The police had to report sad news on Monday afternoon: "The second victim of the fire, the 19-year-old tenant of the apartment, died at the weekend of his severe injuries."

Currently, the checks of the fire investigators and the expert at the State Office of Criminal Investigation focus on a possible defect in the refrigerator.

Whoa, Wulfrun - I missed the original story. Glad to hear you made it out safely. Shame about your neighbor - had you ever met him?

I may have met them in passing, but most occupants tend to keep themselves to themselves.

Sorry to hear that the second person has died. It must be quite unsettling even if you didn't know them personally.

Was just looking for a report about the fire being caused by a fridge, and found one (Brand in Freising fordert zweites Todesopfer), but there's also a second fairly recent report about another house fire in Freising apparently caused by a fridge (Großeinsatz am Freitagvormittag: In einer Wohnanlage an der Freisinger Brunnhausgasse: Offenbar war ein Kühlschrank in Brand geraten.). Wonder if they were the same make of fridge, or if it's just an unfortunate coincidence.