Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

niederlassungserlaubnis criminal record

12 posts in this topic

Hello there

When applying for either Niederlassungserlaubnis or Citizenship, on the form they ask about previous criminal records. Is this for crimes commited in Germany or in your lifetime?

Was a bit stupid when i was younger, got arrested and convicted, this was in 1994. Since then absolutely clean record.

Because of Brexit, I must now apply for one or the other above even though I have lived here since 2001, married to a German Citizen and own my own house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Jagman said:

Hello there

When applying for either Niederlassungserlaubnis or Citizenship, on the form they ask about previous criminal records. Is this for crimes commited in Germany or in your lifetime?

Was a bit stupid when i was younger, got arrested and convicted, this was in 1994. Since then absolutely clean record.

Because of Brexit, I must now apply for one or the other above even though I have lived here since 2001, married to a German Citizen and own my own house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nothing is hidden in today's world of technology, so your name may well show up in a search

It is my understanding that they are asking about the "Straffreiheit" during the three years you were on the "Aufenthaltserlaubnis", not lifetime criminal wrongdoings.  

Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsinteresse besteht und er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt.

1 minute ago, BradinBayern said:

It is my understanding that they are asking about the "Straffreiheit" during the three years you were on the "Aufenthaltserlaubnis", not lifetime criminal wrongdoings.  

Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsinteresse besteht und er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt.

Don't give up your day job. <_<

19 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Don't give up your day job. <_<

Really?  Does Section 6 Paragraph 28 of the Aufenthaltsgesetz say anything about past criminality? 

Do you have anything constructive to add at all? 

The form says "Sind sie in den letzten drei Jahren wegen einer vorsätzlichen Straftat zu einer Jugend- oder Freiheitsstrafe verurteilt worden?"  

Check out the form yourself:  https://www.vulkaneifel.de/images/beitraege/abt3/Antrag_auf_Erteilung_einer_Niederlassungserlaubnis.pdf   

In case your math is a bit rusty, 1994 was 25 years ago.  25 > 3 . 

Hello everyone 

I know that when you going to read this, you are start to think:" what is the problem of international students when came to the other country and do shoplifting" I will not proud of what I did, and a judgment of my situation is really normal , as I was caught on shoplifting, in your spot I probably do the same... It is true when I say that I never did this, and that is why I was caught , because I was really neevouse, but I needed food, I am in the end of month with almost no money, so I still some things from Rewe in Freiburg, in a total no more than 30€ 

They caught me , and present me to the Police, the Police Gave me a paper só I could sign and admit or not the incidente act, which I did ( I admited and signed). I can not entry in Rewe for One year and also I need to pay to them a 100€.

Now, I AM waiting for the decision of percursor/judge , about this situation. The Police man was really Nice and say that it was not apt to them, but the most probably thing that will happened to me, it is: they are going to close the case with me pay a fine, and do not go court. 

My doubts are (and Thank you in advance for reading this and for the help, because I am really scare right now)

1) how many days (usually)do I need to wait to received the letter from percursor about the decision of the court about my case?

2) do you think that this case will end with the payment of the fine? Or am I going to court? Or to jail?

3) it is better to get a lawyer now ? Or better to wait for the letter?

About the criminal registion I can not to anything , it is my first time to deal with this, I never commited a crime before. But now I did shoplifting, I should had thinking about this before doing it... 

I am sorry for bother you with this and Thank you!

Not a lawyer, but if this is your first offense and you did not do anything stupid like trying to run away or have a weapon on you, then you will probably get (another) fine.  The 100€ by the way, are a "Fangprämie" which goes to pay the store for their costs for security.  You will probably get another fine for something like 100€ to 300€.  

I am assuming that you are a student in Freiburg from your profile.  If that is the case, then go here as soon as possible:  https://www.swfr.de/en/social-services/rechtsberatung-mediation/legal-advice/  

If not, then check with whatever university you are studying at.  They should be able to help you.

Thank you very much for your replay and help! It was really good! Yes I will do that, talk with university legal advice and see if they can help me , Thank you!

One more thing! Sorry sorry :(

Do you know how much time do I have to pay the fine, after received the letter from the court? (More or less) 

Thank you in advance!

7 hours ago, Cunha said:

Hello everyone 

I know that when you going to read this, you are start to think:" what is the problem of international students when came to the other country and do shoplifting" I will not proud of what I did, and a judgment of my situation is really normal , as I was caught on shoplifting, in your spot I probably do the same... It is true when I say that I never did this, and that is why I was caught , because I was really neevouse, but I needed food, I am in the end of month with almost no money, so I still some things from Rewe in Freiburg, in a total no more than 30€ 

They caught me , and present me to the Police, the Police Gave me a paper só I could sign and admit or not the incidente act, which I did ( I admited and signed). I can not entry in Rewe for One year and also I need to pay to them a 100€.

Now, I AM waiting for the decision of percursor/judge , about this situation. The Police man was really Nice and say that it was not apt to them, but the most probably thing that will happened to me, it is: they are going to close the case with me pay a fine, and do not go court. 

My doubts are (and Thank you in advance for reading this and for the help, because I am really scare right now)

1) how many days (usually)do I need to wait to received the letter from percursor about the decision of the court about my case?

2) do you think that this case will end with the payment of the fine? Or am I going to court? Or to jail?

3) it is better to get a lawyer now ? Or better to wait for the letter?

About the criminal registion I can not to anything , it is my first time to deal with this, I never commited a crime before. But now I did shoplifting, I should had thinking about this before doing it... 

I am sorry for bother you with this and Thank you!

Wondering why you felt it was necessary to post this same exact blurb on three different threads?  Maximum coverage to widen your mileage?

49 minutes ago, Cunha said:

Thank you very much for your replay and help! It was really good! Yes I will do that, talk with university legal advice and see if they can help me , Thank you!

One more thing! Sorry sorry :(

Do you know how much time do I have to pay the fine, after received the letter from the court? (More or less) 

Thank you in advance!

Please stop posting your questions to different threads, one is enough, ok?

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/366003-shoplifting-case-effect-on-acquiring-citizenship/?page=2#comment-3789029