Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

niederlassungserlaubnis criminal record

5 posts in this topic

Hello there

When applying for either Niederlassungserlaubnis or Citizenship, on the form they ask about previous criminal records. Is this for crimes commited in Germany or in your lifetime?

Was a bit stupid when i was younger, got arrested and convicted, this was in 1994. Since then absolutely clean record.

Because of Brexit, I must now apply for one or the other above even though I have lived here since 2001, married to a German Citizen and own my own house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Jagman said:

Hello there

When applying for either Niederlassungserlaubnis or Citizenship, on the form they ask about previous criminal records. Is this for crimes commited in Germany or in your lifetime?

Was a bit stupid when i was younger, got arrested and convicted, this was in 1994. Since then absolutely clean record.

Because of Brexit, I must now apply for one or the other above even though I have lived here since 2001, married to a German Citizen and own my own house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nothing is hidden in today's world of technology, so your name may well show up in a search

It is my understanding that they are asking about the "Straffreiheit" during the three years you were on the "Aufenthaltserlaubnis", not lifetime criminal wrongdoings.  

Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsinteresse besteht und er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt.

1 minute ago, BradinBayern said:

It is my understanding that they are asking about the "Straffreiheit" during the three years you were on the "Aufenthaltserlaubnis", not lifetime criminal wrongdoings.  

Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsinteresse besteht und er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt.

Don't give up your day job. <_<

19 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Don't give up your day job. <_<

Really?  Does Section 6 Paragraph 28 of the Aufenthaltsgesetz say anything about past criminality? 

Do you have anything constructive to add at all? 

The form says "Sind sie in den letzten drei Jahren wegen einer vorsätzlichen Straftat zu einer Jugend- oder Freiheitsstrafe verurteilt worden?"  

Check out the form yourself:  https://www.vulkaneifel.de/images/beitraege/abt3/Antrag_auf_Erteilung_einer_Niederlassungserlaubnis.pdf   

In case your math is a bit rusty, 1994 was 25 years ago.  25 > 3 .