Burial of deceased pet on own land and/or under own building itself

92 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

All of your posts are vile and unnecessary and have no place on the forum,

Apply for being a moderator, please. This gives you the possibility to throw out people who don't follow your standards.

41 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I am concerned for the welfare of my family members and the resting place of a pet. A pet for me, is a family member.

Well then show it some dignity, burying a cat in a metal box that won't degrade for 500 years and then cementing over is hardly what I call dignifying. 

Had you not upset your neighbours over the bushes and tree and the noise you keep making at all hours of the day then I'm sure you could of got away with burying it in the garden.

As they say, you made your bed so go lie in it,  you're your own worst enemy and that's been demonstrated in several posts, as one forum member said: 

'You always see yourself in the right anyway, no matter what answer you get'.

1 hour ago, lunaCH said:

I am concerned for the welfare of my family members and the resting place of a pet. A pet for me, is a family member.

Would you bury a human family member under the cellar floor and then put cement on top? Not unless ...

Dear luna CH, whoever you are,

I have read all your posts on this thread and cannot believe that you have come here seeking advice on the burial of a pet and don't have the intelligence to tell people here whether the pet is dead or alive.

To many people here, including me,  a cat or a dog etc is a family member, as you have said, and deserves respect as to how the remains are handled. I don't subscribe to the extreme way some Americans bury their pets in graveyards and pay exorbitant sums every year to maintain the graves, and feel that a cremation is better for all.

One of my friends has buried her dog in her garden and has never had a problem with anybody. The grave has now grown over and the body has returned to the earth. Much preferable to a metal box in concrete. The cat would probably come back to haunt you.

P.S. Sir Percy. You're still doing it!

A pet which has died is distressing if you love your pet. 

We recently lost a beloved big dog as we sadly had to have it put to sleep here at the vet. Here? Basically, if you have a nice vet  ( and we do ), the young , strong male assistant will ( as he did ) understand your pain and carefully slip the animal into a bag and look at you.." we know.." and will wait till till you have left the shop before disposing of the carcass.

We have left dead cats outside in nature ie open air and Nature will take care of it. Yes, great...it will...but we miss them.

NO perfect answer.

On 10/9/2019, 8:25:44, dessa_dangerous said:
On 10/9/2019, 8:25:44, dessa_dangerous said:

Unless I've missed something, OP hasn't specifically said that the cat is dead yet.  For all we know, it could be sick or ailing and the plan is to put it down for humane reasons.  I'm not sure why the jump to some nefarious conclusion.

I am jumping to the nefarious conclusion that the OP is Schrödinger.

9 hours ago, bramble said:

Would you bury a human family member under the cellar floor and then put cement on top? Not unless ...

If I lived next door to some of my DE relatives then I would give this idea consideration for a pet even with robust mental health.  In the UK not so much. Sometimes it just needs to be about you not about them.

On 10/8/2019, 9:04:43, Kommentarlos said:

Have you considered deep freezing your pet until a better end resting place can be made possible?

Taxidermy could also be an option?

Well whoever up thread talked about old Auntie Whotsit who had hers skinned and made into lovely furs - that I am with all the way, but never had the balls to actually make it happen. When they die it feels ghoulish, but our Burmese cats had the best fur and we always said we wanted to keep them as tiny rugs. I quite wish we had. 

I have always found stuffed animals look pretty awful.   I have never seen one I would want to have.  Though I guess this guy at least looks quite happy.  Some taxidermists do little cat rugs so you can do "Dinner for One" routines with your old kitty.

stuffed animals.JPG

It is not something that I would personally pursue but it might be a visble option and people do take comfort from it.