Burial of deceased pet on own land and/or under own building itself

92 posts in this topic

yeah and an intractable unwillingness to flesh out any details  coupled with really strange diversions to avoid doing so.  That's usually a tip-off.

15 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

You've kept dead cats around before and they didn't stink?

rigor mortis means you might have trouble getting the cat into the box if you didn't already plan for that.  You have to arrange a body very quickly or lose the chance. 

I never said I have done that. And I am fully aware of rigor mortis. I didn't disagree with this part.

You can think what you want, it doesn't mean to say what you think is correct.

7 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

On a charitable note- the OP could be a newbie, totally confused by Germanic laws, neighbors, and life in general. ( Going by other posts;)). But her profile says Swiss, so much must be similar? 

We're not Swiss but lived in Switzerland previously. We are fairly new here, including on the forum. We have some unusual situations. If the situations weren't true, I wouldn't have posted.

Whatever about a cat, I'm beginning to smell a rat.

11 hours ago, kiplette said:

- my friend has 2 spiders in her freezer - much loved tarantulas -

Gosh @kiplette!  You almost sound as if you could be trolling!   Are tarantulas really that cute?  Years ago I trained myself to pick up spiders and like the little ones and the zebra springy ones in the garden. I even admired the redbacks in my hut as a fruit picker in Australia, as they kept themselves to themselves like most spiders do.   But still find handling the big ones quite unnerving.  I have lost courage with the big fat bodied fat legged ones that come in the house in the autumn and have to use a glass not my hands to pick them up.  

4 hours ago, lunaCH said:

You're making an incorrect assumption and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about - from experience and speaking to a vet I can confirm that what you have stated is incorrect.

If you believe I have no idea what I am talking about then perhaps you may be so kind as to explain what the stages of decomposition are? 

To help you understand the early stages I have posted a link below in the quote, in case you do not know how that works just double click the whole quote and a new window will open directing you to the Wikipedia explaining the stages of decomposition.

So I will ask you again, has the cat died or are you planning it's demise?

Unless I've missed something, OP hasn't specifically said that the cat is dead yet.  For all we know, it could be sick or ailing and the plan is to put it down for humane reasons.  I'm not sure why the jump to some nefarious conclusion.

Someone discovers an active forum and has a few questions at the same time and now we've got them down for murderers or some such.  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed @Sir Percy B's bullet points conspiracy theory and who the hell knows what's really going on over there.  Some people's stories, or the way they tell them, ALWAYS sound dodgy, even when they're not.  Fact is, as active as all of our imaginations can be, I don't personally see anything really fishy except that OP is holding her cards to her chest, for reasons best known to herself, which almost never aids in getting the information one wants in a prompt or efficient manner.

what I see as fishy is that no details are offered but there's plenty of arguing about why respondents are wrong, but with strange side deflections.

so OP says percy's very accurate statements about rigor mortis and decomposition are wrong based on experience and allegedly talking with a vet.

how so?  a cat that's been dead three days will develop an unmistakable aroma even if refrigerated and indeed rigor mortis sets in very fast.

oh yada yada yada, that's not what I disagreed with...and I've had cats before and they didn't smell. (presumably when dead?) - oh they weren't dead I never said I did that

round and round and round.  it's very reminiscent of SL and a few other posters we've had in the last months - the common thread is they are just endlessly trying to sucker people into responding, or so it appears. 

To whit, the question was answered long ago, and yet...?

That's true. 

Maybe smells a bit smurfy, but no one on God's green Earth will ever convince me that SL was a troll.  That kind of crazy doesn't come in cans.

yes I agree.  I always thought of SL as an inadvertent, very special kind of troll :)

BUT a troll nonetheless, in net effect

24 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

That's true. 

Maybe smells a bit smurfy, but no one on God's green Earth will ever convince me that SL was a troll.  That kind of crazy doesn't come in cans.

I miss SL. She had / has a unique perpective on the world and a lot of her posts gave me pause for thought. She had an originality that her TT detractors are sadly lacking in. 

@Sir Percy B made a good case for an alternative reading of the OP's situation but he forgot to weave in the thread about neighbours complaining about noise. I took a point off him for that.

11 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

I miss SL. She had / has a unique perpective on the world and a lot of her posts gave me pause for thought. She had an originality that her TT detractors are sadly lacking in. 

SL was a complete time waster. Her last threads could be classed as discussion topics but the 400 other threads were solicitations for help. Very often help which was then ignored or thrown back.

But I'm with Dessa on this one, Luna is new. We should give her the benefit of the doubt. The lack of details is of course confusing but it takes a while to get used to the forum etiquette. I'm assuming Luna, Partner or kid is emotionally delicate right now and as a result they would like to bury a beloved pet in the cellar. We know Germany has weird rules for everything, it's maybe a fair question for the forum.

Percy had some fun, which is always gonna happen by page 3 of a thread like this, but otherwise, I say we can move the discussion over to the sock puppet thread.

12 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

If you believe I have no idea what I am talking about then perhaps you may be so kind as to explain what the stages of decomposition are? 

To help you understand the early stages I have posted a link below in the quote, 

No I wouldn't it's not relevant to the case, nor is what you have posted. I have had information from a vet on how much time there is to act after a cat passes away. I did not ask for that specific information here. Please stop bringing it up. It's unnecessary and only a further attempt to derail the thread, which is the same as what you did by trying to claim that rubbish goes into bins in Germany, just because it apparently does where you are.

12 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Unless I've missed something, OP hasn't specifically said that the cat is dead yet.  For all we know, it could be sick or ailing and the plan is to put it down for humane reasons.  I'm not sure why the jump to some nefarious conclusion. 

Someone discovers an active forum and has a few questions at the same time and now we've got them down for murderers or some such.  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed @Sir Percy B's bullet points conspiracy theory and who the hell knows what's really going on over there.  Some people's stories, or the way they tell them, ALWAYS sound dodgy, even when they're not.  Fact is, as active as all of our imaginations can be, I don't personally see anything really fishy except that OP is holding her cards to her chest, for reasons best known to herself, which almost never aids in getting the information one wants in a prompt or efficient manner.

Correct, at no time did I state that the pet had died. The jump to the nefarious conclusion clearly indicates the sort of person/character who is posting such abhorrent remarks, it is obviously something that they are deeply interested in.

11 hours ago, lisa13 said:

what I see as fishy is that no details are offered but there's plenty of arguing about why respondents are wrong, but with strange side deflections.

so OP says percy's very accurate statements about rigor mortis and decomposition are wrong based on experience and allegedly talking with a vet.

how so?  a cat that's been dead three days will develop an unmistakable aroma even if refrigerated and indeed rigor mortis sets in very fast.

oh yada yada yada, that's not what I disagreed with...and I've had cats before and they didn't smell. (presumably when dead?) - oh they weren't dead I never said I did that

round and round and round.  it's very reminiscent of SL and a few other posters we've had in the last months - the common thread is they are just endlessly trying to sucker people into responding, or so it appears. 

To whit, the question was answered long ago, and yet...?

The problem with you post is though that at no point did I state that the pet had already passed away three days previous. This was merely your incorrect assumption, making it and anything posted in connection with it totally irrelevant, again simply derailing the thread. 

As for endlessly trying to sucker people into responding. Firstly isn't that what a forum is about? Posting and responding.

The problem here is we have people, who have obviously nothing better to do, adding details to the story which are not true and people are replying to those comments. So yes, you clearly have people on here posting trite and in some cases ludicrous and abhorrent remarks, suggestions and conclusions all of which are merely forms of apparently tolerated trolling, none of which were asked for, nor do they have anything to do with the case, but are suckering (as you put it) others, including yourself, into replying to them. 

Had I have known that there would have been people like this here jumping on the thread, I would never have posted on this particular forum. 

@lunaCH Why don't you enquire at the local Rathaus whether you can bury your cat in the cellar?. You could also enquire whether your area is indeed a water protection area as so far you have only been speculating that it could be. This would clear all doubts, uncertainties and speculations. 

hey, you could have nipped all of that in the bud at the first suggestion by simply stating "the cat is still alive"

simple!

I understand the boards are not overly friendly but it's pretty obvious if you've perused other topics even the tiniest bit, and by not being clear about the situation you have your own part to play in this drama.  You do.

14 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Gosh @kiplette!  You almost sound as if you could be trolling! 

No, 'tis really true. They are nice beasts if you can get past the strange spidery movements part. They were her first pets of her own, given to her by someone who moved away, and the first one died when she was away for an extended period, and her mum (who was spider-sitting) had already put it in the freezer, not knowing what the best thing was to do. 

I fear that when they come out of the freezer there will have been too much cell damage in the soft areas and they will not remain as pristine as they are, but hey. 

13 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

So I will ask you again, has the cat died or are you planning it's demise?

Not only is this not relevant it certainly isn't your business.

14 minutes ago, bramble said:

@lunaCH Why don't you enquire at the local Rathaus whether you can bury your cat in the cellar?. You could also enquire whether your area is indeed a water protection area as so far you have only been speculating that it could be. This would clear all doubts, uncertainties and speculations. 

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes we don't actually know if it is a water protection zone.

Most of the other speculation though is completely irrelevant as it has nothing to do with what I originally asked.

13 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

hey, you could have nipped all of that in the bud at the first suggestion by simply stating "the cat is still alive"

I had no idea that people would start introducing other irrelevant stuff or fling wild and vile accusations around. Whether the pets are alive or not is not relevant and I don't have to reveal that. I was enquiring generally.

I certainly didn't cause any of the drama for the simple reason I did not force anyone to post anything of that nature, They chose to. It was totally unnecessary and completely inappropriate.

28 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I had no idea that people would start introducing other irrelevant stuff or fling wild and vile accusations around. Whether the pets are alive or not is not relevant and I don't have to reveal that. I was enquiring generally.

Whether the pet is alive or not is totally relevant, for all we know with the little information you posted you could of been planning to kill something let alone a cat and those forum members that posted could of been aiding you. 

It is illegal in Germany to cause an animal pain, suffering or harm without good reason. 

28 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I certainly didn't cause any of the drama for the simple reason I did not force anyone to post anything of that nature, They chose to. It was totally unnecessary and completely inappropriate.

Had you in the first place considered the nature of your post and the content then we would not be having this conversation, so like it or not you are part to blame.

Apart form the fact you're starting to sound delusional, I'd suggest you get over yourself and stop acting like a bloody drama queen.

On 6.10.2019, 17:27:16, lunaCH said:

Hello. 

I wonder if anyone would be able to direct us on this delicate subject. Would there be any restriction on burying a deceased pet on one's own land at all and/or under a cellar floor, so within the foundations of our house? The pet would be in a sealed coffin. Unfortunately due to difficult and unusual circumstances we have no other option available. 

The plan in the future would be to redo the cellar floor (I assume cement), as currently the floor is stones/grit with bricks on top. The room in question is not heated and the coffin would be more than 40 centimetres from the surface. 

Should we simply keep quiet about it? 

Yes.

30 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Whether the pet is alive or not is totally relevant, for all we know with the little information you posted you could of been planning to kill something let alone a cat and those forum members that posted could of been aiding you.

Again this is all mere speculation on your part and the continuous bandying about of your sick ideas. All of your posts are vile and unnecessary and have no place on the forum, least of all on this discussion. Nothing you have added is relevant to the case and all of it appears to me to be trolling. Please stop doing this.

You appear to be the only person who is interested in killing since you are the one who keeps bringing it up. I am concerned for the welfare of my family members and the resting place of a pet. A pet for me, is a family member.