Burial of deceased pet on own land and/or under own building itself

92 posts in this topic

Three pages on and I'm getting the impression this is a send off and wondering whether the cat - dead or alive - even exists. 

Yes, we have a marvellous little tome which is a beginners guide to taxidermy and it does provide rudimentary instructions for some super useful items - a lovely way to remember a passed feline friend. 

I must confess that although a great fan, I always lose heart at the last minute and just bury the creature.

Perhaps this is the thread for a somewhat odd question - my friend has 2 spiders in her freezer - much loved tarantulas - and she would like to set them in resin. Any idea at all of how one would go about that? 

28 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Perhaps this is the thread for a somewhat odd question - my friend has 2 spiders in her freezer - much loved tarantulas - and she would like to set them in resin. Any idea at all of how one would go about that? 

Apparently the hair is a bit of a problem because it traps air bubbles. So a thinner liquid should be better. And some resins get really hot while hardening. I have no experience setting animals in resin though. 

Maybe she can find some ideas here: 

https://www.dght-foren.de/forum/wirbellose/evertebraten/27182-präparation-mit-kunstharz 

https://www.actias.de/thread/17979-insekten-in-giessharz/ 

They suggest a resin that is used as water (lakes or streams) in model train environments because it is very clear. Maybe a model train shop might be the right place to ask questions. 

That's a good idea. I don't think she would be brave enough to DIY and maybe one of those shops would have at least some clue where to enquire further.

3 hours ago, bramble said:

Three pages on and I'm getting the impression this is a send off and wondering whether the cat - dead or alive - even exists. 

I don't understand why you would think that. I have no reason to post on such a topic if we didn't have this issue.

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Yep.  The OP`'s last post was a particularly funny.  Some other possible ideas for in the meantime

dead cat.JPG

Laughing at mental illness is arrogant, insensitive and always wrong. I'm despondent there are people out there who do this. Your posts are offensive.

It's just TT. Do not take it personally. Obviously the readers cannot understand your very personal circumstances and unfortunate predicament. It is difficult to understand that it is impossible to remove the deceased from your building for appropriate disposal without the fragile person knowing. Presumably they sleep at some point? Do they NEVER leave the home? Your least bad solution - and I appreciate this is what you are facing - really doesn't sound like a good idea further down the line.

6 hours ago, bramble said:

My thoughts entirely, you only have to read between the lines and it sounds more like a plot for a new mafia film.

Let's look at the facts;

1: Would there be any restriction on burying a deceased pet on one's own land at all and/or under a cellar floor, so within the foundations of our house?  Carrying black bags' from said property may look suspicious, that I can confirm.

2: The pet would be in a sealed coffin. Unfortunately due to difficult and unusual circumstances we have no other option available.

There are plenty of options unless of course you want to conceal something, dead body being the obvious.

3: The plan in the future would be to redo the cellar floor (I assume cement), as currently the floor is stones/grit with bricks on top.

Typical mafia style burial, cement the floor over and no one would ever find it.

4: The room in question is not heated and the coffin would be more than 40 centimetres from the surface. This shows their inexperience in this situation, it's always best to bury a body when it's warm as it will decompose far quicker.

5: Should we simply keep quiet about it?  Too fucking late for that, you just published it on an open forum.

6: Garden would have been an option, but then neighbours may see and report it. Arousing suspicion especially from neighbours will always be a problem, whilst you have the floor dug up you could get rid of them as well, just a thought.

7: We own the lower flat which covers nearly all of the ground floor of the building, including a private cellar (neighbours have no access and door to it is within our flat) under which burial is possible owing to the type of floor. Thinking ahead is always good, perfect location to get rid of said evidence and your neighbours if they become really nosey.

8. A coffin made from the material we are using would not decay for more than 500 years. We will not let you get away with this, right here, right now, is where we draw the line, a box that will outlast any bunker that Hitler built, how dare you.

9. We don't feel that at all, quite the opposite. This way we know where she is. Under the cellar means she will not be disturbed, dug up (at least not in our lifetime) or cause any problems with our garden being near to water etc.  Not in your lifetime so you will never have to be bought to justice, how dare you.

10: Unfortunately the circumstances are exceptional and its not an option. It was looked at several times though. Excuse's excuse's, I'm no detective but I see murder written all over this.

11:  Have you considered deep freezing? Yes actually, but after some consideration we were against it, I know that this solution is used in some circumstances and in very hot climates. So if this cat is dead, presumably for 3 days now where are you keeping it? A corpse starts to stink and decompose immediately and rigor mortis will set in making it difficult to fit into anybox.

12. Three pages on and I'm getting the impression this is a send off and wondering whether the cat - dead or alive - even exists?

I don't understand why you would think that. I have no reason to post on such a topic if we didn't have this issue. So where is the cat, dead or alive and if it's dead how on earth are you storing it, you're still asking how to get rid of it so one must assume it's already dead.

Synopsis: No where in all the posts from LunaCH which I think stands for Lunatic from Switzerland had he/she mentioned that their cat has died and they are now faced with disposing of the corpse. It all sounds like it's plan on how to conceal a death and get rid of the corpse and the neighbours if they poke their fucking noses in.

I am sorry if anyone has been offended or upset that was not my intention so I apologise in advance. 

Unfortunately, the jury is still out on this one?

Shame it's not Friday.:ph34r:

The many posts on at least 2 of  their recently started threads have become more complicated and inventive, introducing new plot twists as they progress.  The oil heating system thread not so much so, but I guess it is a bit self limiting.  Perhaps some scope in the form of a visit from a rude/overcharging/hot heating engineer?  

9 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Carrying black bags' from said property may look suspicious, that I can confirm.

Why? Surely black bags being carried from a property is just someone putting their rubbish out? What does that have to do with this case?

7 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Why? Surely black bags being carried from a property is just someone putting their rubbish out? What does that have to do with this case?

In Germany we put Rubbish bins out not black bin bags..

5 hours ago, kiplette said:

little tome which is a beginners guide to taxidermy and it does provide rudimentary instructions for some super useful items - a lovely way to remember a passed feline friend. 

I have a great aunt who lives rather far away, so I've only met her in person 3 times. Once, in my early 20s, my sisters and I went to visit and stay overnight. She's nice, intelligent, well-read, well-travelled, but never married, no partner, no children, and has a lonely slightly reclusive aura to her. Her house is full of trinkets and ornaments on little shelves, ceramic figurines and teacups and saucers, collectable spoons, small wood carvings of trolls and animals, novelty clocks, etc. All obviously intricately placed and ordered. Actually worth a good few hours to browse.

Anyhow, in the bedroom I stayed in, being the nosey parker I am, I opened a dresser drawer and found two rolled up fur pelts. I pulled them out to get a better feel/look, and suddenly realized just what the fur pattern was... house cats! And obviously the pelts were professionally done, too. The 'leather' was soft, flexible and presumably bleached. No heads or paws on the pelts, thankfully just neck to tail. You could almost pretend it was rabbit, if not for the telltale white+tabby and orange striped patterns... :S 

58 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

There are plenty of options unless of course you want to conceal something, dead body being the obvious.

Typical mafia style burial, cement the floor over and no one would ever find it.

This shows their inexperience in this situation, it's always best to bury a body when it's warm as it will decompose far quicker.

I'm no detective but I see murder written all over this.

Clearly either you have seen too many TV programmes/films and/or this is the sort of thing you would do. Either way I can happily confirm that not once did any of your ridiculous and abhorrent suggestions ever enter my mind when thinking about what to do.

1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

Too fucking late for that, you just published it on an open forum.

How so if no final decision has been taken?

So if this cat is dead, presumably for 3 days now where are you keeping it? A corpse starts to stink and decompose immediately and rigor mortis will set in making it difficult to fit into anybox.

You're making an incorrect assumption and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about - from experience and speaking to a vet I can confirm that what you have stated is incorrect.

which I think stands for Lunatic from Switzerland had he/she mentioned that their cat has died and they are now faced with disposing of the corpse. It all sounds like it's plan on how to conceal a death and get rid of the corpse and the neighbours if they poke their fucking noses in.

Why do you feel the need to attack other users with abusive language and obscene suggestions?! Uncalled for and unnecessary.

Considering your other two posts:  Neighbour complaining about height of bushes in our garden  and  Legal status of sapling growing in front of window, I'd keep the cat out of the garden....aka fertilizer.

I am sorry if anyone has been offended or upset that was not my intention so I apologise in advance. 

For me this is redundant if you are going to post the foul remarks anyway.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

The many posts on at least 2 of  their recently started threads have become more complicated and inventive, introducing new plot twists as they progress.

I have merely explained the situations/cases, there is nothing inventive at all. Unfortunately these are true situations which we are facing. I would not have posted the information otherwise.

In Germany we put Rubbish bins out not black bin bags..

Incorrect, again !! 

It clearly varies from place to place. We don't have bins for rubbish. Everything goes out in sacks. But this also has nothing to do with the case, nor does how long we have been here.

25 minutes ago, catjones said:

Considering your other two posts:  Neighbour complaining about height of bushes in our garden  and  Legal status of sapling growing in front of window, I'd keep the cat out of the garden...aka fertilizer.

Due to illness, the garden was always off limits. Not that there was any risk from the neighbours as they are also cat-lovers and have their own cat which goes out, but thank you for your concern.

2 hours ago, lunaCH said:
3 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

So if this cat is dead, presumably for 3 days now where are you keeping it? A corpse starts to stink and decompose immediately and rigor mortis will set in making it difficult to fit into anybox.

You're making an incorrect assumption and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about - from experience and speaking to a vet I can confirm that what you have stated is incorrect.

what is incorrect about Sir Percy's statement?

I had my last cat put to sleep at home and he was stiff as a board by the time the crematorium came to pick him up a couple of hours later.  And indeed they DO start to stink very quickly.  Even when they're quickly put and kept in cold storage you can smell it. 

Either you have the cat on ice or you are indeed making this whole thing up.  Or you haven't dispatched the cat yet.  

14 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

what is incorrect about Sir Percy's statement?

I had my last cat put to sleep at home and he was stiff as a board by the time the crematorium came to pick him up a couple of hours later.  And indeed they DO start to stink very quickly.  Even when they're quickly put and kept in cold storage you can smell it.

After they pass you can gently put them into the position for final resting. 

I've had cats before and regarding the smell, this was not my experience, ever.

The statement also suggested that three days passed and as such that we would have difficulty with the box. This is an incorrect statement.

what?

three days passing means the cat would stink.  And it most DEFINITELY would.  You've kept dead cats around before and they didn't stink?  bullshit.

rigor mortis means you might have trouble getting the cat into the box if you didn't already plan for that.  You have to arrange a body very quickly or lose the chance. 

sorry but I'm with the others now - I think you're a troll.  

On a charitable note- the OP could be a newbie, totally confused by Germanic laws, neighbors, and life in general. ( Going by other posts;)). But her profile says Swiss, so much must be similar??. Just too many soap opera ingredients to be believable.