How to sign OFF ALG 1/Arbeitssuche etc?

5 posts in this topic

I've been searching around the forum but have struggled to find info on this particular ALG 1 query

I left a job a little while back. I went through the process to get registered as arbeitslos/arbeitssuche (to ensure my health insurance was covered etc). Up to now I have not received any ALG 1 money (it seems the Arbeitsamt wanted more info from my ex-employer, and i'm not sure if/when my ex-employer replied).

I'll now be starting a new job. What's the best way to de-register my request for ALG 1 and to say that I'm no longer arbeitsos/arbeitssuche etc?

At my appointment to look at my CV the Agentur fur Arbeit worker suggested I could just send an email if I get a job. However it seems like quite a generic e-mail address, and previously when I sent a query there I never got a response or acknowledgement.

Is there a better way to sign off? In the online portal is there some kind of box to tick, and you'll then get confirmation through the post? I just want to ensure any future appointments are cancelled, and that I won't need to pay back any money that I'm not eligible to.

Thanks!

I had to fill out a form (was given it when I registered at the Amt) and handed it in to reception and received a letter in the post the next week.

2 hours ago, Cheekyfox said:

I had to fill out a form (was given it when I registered at the Amt) and handed it in to reception and received a letter in the post the next week.

cheers! I dont think I was given that when I registered at the amt, but there's one within biking distance so maybe I'll ask at reception and give it a go

Update in case anyone needs this in future:

I wandered over to the Arbeitsamt and the people on reception were very helpful.

They advised me to head over to eServices (https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/eservices)

Then to click on 'Arbeitsaufnahmen mitteilen' on the right hand column. (Easy peasy, not sure how I missed that)