Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

seeking an electician/handyman who can come out of hours

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am am in need of an electrician to replace to power outlet for a stove/oven. I just found out as I had my new stove/oven delivered this morning that the old outlet is kaput :( and the fellows could not install the new one. They were really friendly but not wanting to touch the old outlet which I could understand as someone had done a botch job and it was all covered up. I am the owner so I am up for the replacement/repair. The only thing is I am working a lot (weekdays 9-6/7pm) and would need an electrician who can work out of hours, eg after 6pm or a Saturday/Sunday. Some English would be great but not 100% required as the job is quite straight forward and I can muddle along in Denglish :P I did look through old threads but did not find anything current so any recommendations welcomed!

I’d also be interested in any personal electrician recommendations as my doorbell is broken..

My landlord wants to stay away from Myhammer as he says it just makes everyone try to outbid each other and that the work done in the end is usually unsatisfactory/not extremely professional. 

hi @willowhands not sure if you got your problem sorted but I ended up with a really helpful handyman, he is not an electrician but when he looked at what I needed done it was a basic outlet plug replacement for my oven that was a job doable by a handy handyman :) fiddly and needed some cupboard cutting out due to the location and I was worried if a classic electrician came he may not want to do that fiddly cutting so the fellow I had come was the perfect match for what I needed, and friendly, kind and english speaking (Australian fella) and I can recommend him. Plus he came before I started work (8am) which was so helpful as I often work long hours and not easy to get someone. I just had the oven installers come back and finish the installation and they were happy with the job and so am I !

@belinhandyman - Colin - Telephone or WhatsApp (0049) 0178 5316895