Deducting German public health insurance contributions on US taxes

3 posts in this topic

About to do my first US tax return since moving to Germany. Of the various types of German social charges, it seems to me like health and nursing care insurance contributions might be able to be classified as foreign income taxes and therefore used to take a foreign tax credit in the US. Anyone looked into this before?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now