Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anmeldung

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am moving to a new city for a new job without my family (spouse and kid).

How does the anmeldung works in such a scenario?

Q1. Can I have anmeldung in both the cities?

Q2. Can I register a new address before moving to a new place as my employer cannot offer me travel ticket unless I register my new address?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Sandyyybhai said:

Q1. Can I have anmeldung in both the cities?

As far as you keep a dwelling in both cities, yes. One would be the "Hauptwohnung" (main dwelling). If you've abandoned your old place, then no.

3 hours ago, Sandyyybhai said:

Q2. Can I register a new address before moving to a new place as my employer cannot offer me travel ticket unless I register my new address?

I am not sure about this. The law says that you must register "within two weeks after moving into a dwelling". I don't think you can register before you've moved somewhere. At any rate, you need a piece of paper from the "Wohnungsgeber" (landlord of whomever is supplying the accommodation) confirming that you really live where you say you do. I suspect that your employer might be asking for something that's not possible. What's the exact situation? Do you already have a lease for a new place?

16 hours ago, Smaug said:

As far as you keep a dwelling in both cities, yes. One would be the "Hauptwohnung" (main dwelling). If you've abandoned your old place, then no.

I am not sure about this. The law says that you must register "within two weeks after moving into a dwelling". I don't think you can register before you've moved somewhere. At any rate, you need a piece of paper from the "Wohnungsgeber" (landlord of whomever is supplying the accommodation) confirming that you really live where you say you do. I suspect that your employer might be asking for something that's not possible. What's the exact situation? Do you already have a lease for a new place?

Yes, I already have the rental contract.

Actually, the employer offers subsidised travel tickets for which they need to have my address evidence. It seems they need to be explained that it is not possible to have such a document before I officially move in.

29 minutes ago, Sandyyybhai said:

Yes

Then you need to inform yourself regarding the consequences of having 2 residences with regard to family members on dependant visas. 

Perhaps someone with professional ecperience in this field will chip in. 

Edit

Or ask here: https://www.info4alien.de/

Thank you for everyone's help.

I inquired from Burgeramt.

One can have two residence registered in his name: Haupwohnung (main) and Nebenwohnung (second).

One cannot register a new address before moving in.