Is it worth it staying with KSK if you're making around 100k per year as a freelancer?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Until recently I was making very modest annual income, so KSK was perfect for me. But everything changed this year and it looks like I'll make around 100k from freelancing. Is it worth paying to the KSK or are there better options for me? I remember years ago I read somewhere (might have been here) that KSK is a pretty good deal if you're making under 60k per year or something like that. I can't find that info now, though.

28 minutes ago, superstardeejay said:

Is it worth paying to the KSK or are there better options for me?

If you are subject to insurance under the law - the Künstlersozialversicherungsgesetz - you have no choice. And the KSK already checked that you are subject to insurance when you were admitted. So you don't get out just because you want to. 

I don't see why it would only be a good deal to be in KSK if you earn less than 60k a year. Also, as someonesdaughter mentioned, membership in the KSK is not optional. You'd have to lie to them to get out.

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

If you are subject to insurance under the law - the Künstlersozialversicherungsgesetz - you have no choice. And the KSK already checked that you are subject to insurance when you were admitted. So you don't get out just because you want to. 

More diplomatically put that it could have been under the circumstances ...