Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Divorce and Sponsor second wife

32 posts in this topic

Hello 

I am a bluecard holder in Germany and working here for past 2 years with my wife. I am from India and She is from Philippines.

We get married in Georgia civil ceremony. My wife has dependent bluecard too. But she wants to divorce and move on. The problem is if we get divorce certificate

Can I marry again in India and bring her? If its possible will my indian wife has to submit any divorce certificate of my first marriage?

Is it possible that I can hide my past from the second wife and bring her here.

4 minutes ago, AmitSummy said:

Is it possible that I can hide my past from the second wife and bring her here.

This sounds like it would be a bad idea even if it were possible.

You haven't even gotten rid of one and you're already looking to jump back in the fire? Are you in love with someone in India?

Your Indian wife won't have any divorce certificate of your first marriage but you will.

This sounds very strange.

Just now, fraufruit said:

You haven't even gotten rid of one and you're already looking to jump back in the fire? Are you in love with someone in India?

Sounds like an arranged marriage to me!

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Come on guys feels like you all are enjoying about my situation. Well its a bit messy I know but my current wife may have found someone else.

5 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Sounds like an arranged marriage to me!

No I am just planning. If there is a way then I will give divorce and move on otherwise I will not give. :) 

23 minutes ago, AmitSummy said:

No I am just planning. If there is a way then I will give divorce and move on otherwise I will not give. :) 

we are actually in a western country, where women can get divorced without their husbands' permission

24 minutes ago, AmitSummy said:

my current wife may have found someone else.

praise the lord, I certainly hope that is the case for her sake!

1 hour ago, AmitSummy said:

We get married in Georgia civil ceremony. My wife has dependent bluecard too. But she wants to divorce and move on. The problem is if we get divorce certificate

In Germany you need to live separately for 1 year before you can divorce (living in a separate bedroom might suffice). Getting divorced in Germany is not a quick process. 

58 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

oh for goodness sake

grow the hell up

3 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

we are actually in a western country, where women can get divorced without their husbands' permission

praise the lord, I certainly hope that is the case for her sake!

You are not better than him or anyone else on this forum, so stop pretending that you are.

49 minutes ago, AmitSummy said:

Well its a bit messy

no, "hide my past from the second wife" sounds more than just "messy". Definitely not fair, probably immoral, possibly illegal?

2 minutes ago, franklan said:

Just make sure that you have a contract with the German subsidiary of the mail order marriage agency. If not, it is considered to be an international transaction/Internation Import and the German taxes on brides are obscenely high. I am not sure if the taxes are calculated on height, volume, or weight, though. You might want to research that and incorporate your findings before processing your acquisition any further.

Thanks @franklan Something useful after so many comments.I will also research on that.

13 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

no, "hide my past from the second wife" sounds more than just "messy". Definitely not fair, probably immoral, possibly illegal?

not just "hide my past" but "hide my past so I don't have to risk being turned down" (probably by her parents).  ie, an attempt to commit fraud.

oh and by the way, RF, yes I am most definitely better than that.  

To be fair, I'm sorry if your current wife has found another. Dump her and enjoy your freedom for a while before getting tied down again. Why are you so obsessed with being married?

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

oh and by the way, RF, yes I am most definitely better than that.  

You don`t know him or his personal circumstances. 

But I almost forgot, you are better than everyone else. Please continue.

Like others have said it's not up to you to "give" your current wife divorce. She can get it anyway. Might be a little more complicated for her but she can do it.

As for bringing your second wife, I am sure you can. As for hiding your first marriage from her, it's possible that you could but it's not a good idea. The truth always comes out in the end. It's better that she knows now rather than her finding out after a few years of marriage and a couple of kids. If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel if your wife to be had been married and divorced and didn't tell you? 

16 hours ago, LeonG said:

Like others have said it's not up to you to "give" your current wife divorce. She can get it anyway. Might be a little more complicated for her but she can do it.

As for bringing your second wife, I am sure you can. As for hiding your first marriage from her, it's possible that you could but it's not a good idea. The truth always comes out in the end. It's better that she knows now rather than her finding out after a few years of marriage and a couple of kids. If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel if your wife to be had been married and divorced and didn't tell you? 

@LeonG uhmm thanks for the advice. Obviously I will tell her after some time. Everyone has bad past and Peoples normally doesn't share everything at once. So just wanted to know the process if she will apply from there does she have to provide any divorce certificate to the embassy.

16 minutes ago, AmitSummy said:

Everyone has bad past and Peoples normally doesn't share everything at once. 

Sharing that you've been married before after the wedding and immigrating at the other end of the world is anything but normal.