Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Work permit or Freelance visa Industrie kletterer

4 posts in this topic

I'm currently living in Munich after moving from Australia on a working holiday visa. 

My work background is as a rope access technician or Industrie Kletterer which is basically a tradesman that works at height on ropes doing tasks from cleaning windows, building maintenance, banner installations, rigging and inspections. 

I have a job offer for a part-time job in Munich but wondering if this would suitable enough for applying for a work permit? 

It also seems that most of the work here is freelance and I'm also wondering if this would be possible to apply for a freelance visa? I'm not sure this would be considered a "liberal profession"

any help would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Jimjms said:

My work background is as a rope access technician or Industrie Kletterer

It also seems that most of the work here is freelance and I'm also wondering if this would be possible to apply for a freelance visa? I'm not sure this would be considered a "liberal profession"

No, you need to register a Gewerbe and apply as self-employed. 

You might want to also contact this association about your qualifications:

https://www.fisat.de/fisat/startseite/.

12 hours ago, engelchen said:

No, you need to register a Gewerbe and apply as self-employed. 

But he won't be able to do that on a WHV, will he, @engelchen? I thought they ruled out freelancing.

A part-time contract is at least a contract.

My working holiday visa doesn't allow freelance work, however as there seems to be lots of work available it would probably be in my interest to get a freelance visa. Otherwise can I apply for a work permit visa if I have a contract and only part-time work? 

I'm just trying to work out what my best option is