Anyone experienced pain in the left side of the chest which is not related to heart?

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

 

A few weeks ago I went to my house doctor for my checkup. I had a dull chest pain which I was experiencing a few times a week which is attached to my emotional behaviour. I wanted to know if I have any heart related problems. The doctor did an ekg and she told me that you have left ventricular hypertrophy which means that my left heart chamber is bigget then the right heart chamber which made me quite worried. She told me that maybe the ekg is not correct becuase sometimes it can be incorrect so you should go and visit a cardiologist. She did not gave me any medicine as I was quite worried and my pain was not reducing I went to the klinikum and told them about problem. They again did the ekg and some other test and after a few hours and told me that you have no heart problem. Maybe its your muscles or something like that. I told them that it's related to my emotional behaviour in return they told me just relax and don't take too much stress. It's been a few weeks now I sometimes still have the same dull pain and with my left hand too. I am still quite worried and planning to visit a cardiologist. Anyone here have experienced the same or have some sort of knowledge I have my test reports I can share them too. The pain is often associated with stress at work or when I am exited. It's not a huge pain but it's a dull one which you can differentiate.

 

Thank you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not in the medical field, but I'd definitely go see a cardiologist if I were you. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A possibility would be that it´s caused by back/muscular problems. When you´re stressed you might get tense which in turn could manifest in pain as you describe. I´d suggest to see an orthopedist or a specialist for "physikalische und rehabilitative Medizin" and ask whether it would be a good idea to send you to a physiotherapist. Also going to the gym to train your core muscles and learn some stretching exercises may be helpful.  "Rückenschule " / Yoga / autogenous training classes etc. to learn how to relax might also be good ideas. Some public health providers will subsidize those. Worth asking.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The radial plexus nerve can mimic a heart attack when irritated. Try getting a fresh can of tennis balls, put one on a hard floor, and lie down with it in the space between your shoulder blades to one side of the spine and then the other. If it is very painful, see a massage therapist.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haroon Gul said:

Anyone here have experienced the same or have some sort of knowledge I have my test reports I can share them too. The pain is often associated with stress at work or when I am exited. It's not a huge pain but it's a dull one which you can differentiate.

 

 

 

An EKG can be misleading, next time you have pains please have a blood test. The blood test will determine if the muscle in the heart is dying. Don`t let them fob you off.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get left side chest pains at my work but I work in a very stressful job coupled with operating an Italian coffee machine with the coffee sieve holders needing to be held at about my neck level. I have to grip the sieve holders with both hands to twist them in and later out of the sockets hundreds of times a day. No wonder my chest can hurt (and my whole stomachh/core musculature) at times. That's like using a wrench at above shoulder level off and on in nine hour work day. Yes, I do have 'buff' arms from that but should also take time (when not exhausted) to stretch before and after the job to ease all the muscles that are used. I also try to make sure I do some winding down stuff like go for a walk in nature/yoga but at times I am simply too exhausted. Maybe you have a physical job too? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Haroon Gul said:

Hello everyone,

 

A few weeks ago I went to my house doctor for my checkup. I had a dull chest pain which I was experiencing a few times a week which is attached to my emotional behaviour. I wanted to know if I have any heart related problems. The doctor did an ekg and she told me that you have left ventricular hypertrophy which means that my left heart chamber is bigget then the right heart chamber which made me quite worried. She told me that maybe the ekg is not correct becuase sometimes it can be incorrect so you should go and visit a cardiologist.

 

I hope your problems are minor and you can recover full health quickly. 

 

Based on what you have written, why not go to a Cardiologist as soon as possible?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I follow a doctor's advise or should I ask a bunch of strangers for medical advise?...that is the question many people take to their grave.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the replies. I will soon visit my house doctor again and will ask about a cardiologist so that I can take the appointment. The reason why I posted here because I am an international student here I can not disucss this with my family they will not let me stay here and will say just leave your studies and come back. So I wanted to know if someone had similar issue and what they did which will help me too. Also I am new to the German health system my house doctor told me when she did the ekg that you will not get the appointment of cardiologist in a year in Bamberg so it's better to look in other cities.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jeba said:

A possibility would be that it´s caused by back/muscular problems. When you´re stressed you might get tense which in turn could manifest in pain as you describe. I´d suggest to see an orthopedist or a specialist for "physikalische und rehabilitative Medizin" and ask whether it would be a good idea to send you to a physiotherapist. Also going to the gym to train your core muscles and learn some stretching exercises may be helpful.  "Rückenschule " / Yoga / autogenous training classes etc. to learn how to relax might also be good ideas. Some public health providers will subsidize those. Worth asking.

I will disucuss this with my house doctor because she checked my back and told me your left side is a bit weaker than the right side. But to my surprise she did not recommended anything which I will discuss with her in the next appointment. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cybil said:

I get left side chest pains at my work but I work in a very stressful job coupled with operating an Italian coffee machine with the coffee sieve holders needing to be held at about my neck level. I have to grip the sieve holders with both hands to twist them in and later out of the sockets hundreds of times a day. No wonder my chest can hurt (and my whole stomachh/core musculature) at times. That's like using a wrench at above shoulder level off and on in nine hour work day. Yes, I do have 'buff' arms from that but should also take time (when not exhausted) to stretch before and after the job to ease all the muscles that are used. I also try to make sure I do some winding down stuff like go for a walk in nature/yoga but at times I am simply too exhausted. Maybe you have a physical job too? 

I had physical job in the past but currently I do computer related stuff which sometimes is stressful and involves a lot of sitting.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, balticus said:

 

I hope your problems are minor and you can recover full health quickly. 

 

Based on what you have written, why not go to a Cardiologist as soon as possible?

Thank you for the positive words. I will soon visit my house doctor and get the paper from her for the cardiologist.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haroon Gul said:

Also I am new to the German health system my house doctor told me when she did the ekg that you will not get the appointment of cardiologist in a year in Bamberg so it's better to look in other cities.

You will get an appointment within one month if you phone the Terminservicestelle https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/?id=368

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could also be an inflamed nerve. Definitely see a cardiologist and talk to your doctor about maybe going to a physiotherapist, too. 

Telling somebody who is worried to just relax is a bit stupid, imo. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now