What has disappointed you lately?

24 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, john g. said:

Unfortunately, its even worse than in my summary, Lorelei. My rants will continue!

:angry::D

Since our big dog died the other week ( put to sleep...it was tough ), I no longer have to go down a particular public road and get stared at, sworn at etc by three particular local individuals for having the affront to walk Snoopy down there with  his cancer., 

So sorry to hear about Snoopy and how awful you were subjected to that kind of treatment by locals. I'm assuming that Crete must have plenty of positives that outweigh the negatives. But it sounds as if it can't always be easy as an animal-lover to live there.

On 9/8/2019, 9:39:52, john g. said:

I was hoping nobody would notice that, French! :lol:

I missed the final couple of hours and got home ( I had left the radio on!) and heard someone say " so we will now talk to the winníng Australian captain "..or something horrible!! :ph34r:

I knew...then..

.."something horrible"...? sound like music to my ears.... :)

7 hours ago, franklan said:

Just don't break a butterfly on the wheel in your English class, as your German students will immediately understand the phrase "to break a lance", as it is the English equivalent to the German eine Lanze brechen.

True, but the phrase is a bit dated, like me, and may not have been heard by anybody under 30.