Dependent Visa Query

2 posts in this topic

DependentVisa query

I am resident of Dortmund and arrived to Germany on dependent visa . I landed up with a job as IT-Informatiker but my HR provided me with the job contract only till April 2020 because my visa was valid till April 2020. I recently completed  the integration course and went to visa office asking them to provide with unlimited visa as I have completed my Integration course and my husband has permanent residence card. But the visa officer said they cannot immediately provide me 'Aufenhaltstitel (Residence card)' with unlimited stay (unbegrenzt)  as there is a standard rule that I have to complete minimum 5 years of stay in germany and only then I will get permanent residence .Until then I have to renew my existing card every 2 years uptil 5 years, now Visa is granted to me till April 2022.  

The thing here is my HR is not ready to give me unlimited contract because of visa having been limited to two years that is till April 2022 ,she says after every two years we will renew your contract.I need unlimited contract .Has anyone faced similar issue and any suggestions as to how I can convince her to get me unlimited job contract.

Your HR is right. But also, they could give you a dependent visa until the end of your husband's card. Each unlimited card is attached to his passport and should have the same expiry date, mostly 10 years. After it expires, your husband must go and get a new permit as well, which matches with his new passport.