Move to South Bavaria???

47 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Trump is just a symptom.  I left because of the disease.  The disease will still be there long after Trump is just an orange stain on history.  I don't worry about that senile old man.  I worry about those who supported him.

so you were faking :) 

still no unicorn sightings...sigh

9 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

My wife thinks I am magical though... :)

That is kind of like asking if people left Florida because of Dorian, or because of the wind and the rain.  It is all the same shit. 

4 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

That is kind of like asking if people left Florida because of Dorian

dude, *you* said you were a Trumpfugee.  I didn't leap to the question unprovoked ;)

to be honest, part of the reason I left CA was because I was really freaking tired of fearing for my life (no kidding) every time there was "weather".  plus the earthquakes. 

5 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

My wife thinks I am magical though... :)

that is awesome and all that matters.  

19 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

to be honest, part of the reason I left CA was because I was really freaking tired of fearing for my life (no kidding) every time there was "weather".  plus the earthquakes. 

I can't imagine the stress of living around quakey stuff. Makes your swimming pool into a wave tank. 

OP - one thing you must factor in here is the simply beautiful landscape down here. Proper summers and snowy winters make it an outdoorsmans paradise.

13 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

I can't imagine the stress of living around quakey stuff. Makes your swimming pool into a wave tank. 

Of course average people are always stressed about the stability of the water in their swimming pools.

16 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Proper summers and snowy winters...

Pardon me? Yes, last winter was exceptionally snowy, but the Summers in Munich were wetter than in Sunny Scunny.

On 4.9.2019, 10:05:26, optimista said:

Pardon me? Yes, last winter was exceptionally snowy, but the Summers in Munich were wetter than in Sunny Scunny.

Chiemgau does not include Munich.  Chiemgau is always exceptionally snowy.  They offer ski courses in my daughter's Kindergarten.  

32 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

They offer ski courses in my daughter's Kindergarten

Just out of interest, do they ski in Chiemgau or across the border in Austria? 

On 9/4/2019, 7:54:55, Krieg said:

Of course average people are always stressed about the stability of the water in their swimming pools.

You virtue signalling idiot. In the warmer lands, access to water to cool off is a basic almost everyone of every social status almost needs to cool off. All down the French and Italian coats, bathing to cool off is almost a way of life for everyone. Inland, public pools fulfill that function, and in Bavaria,  the "Freibad" is also commonly used.

In California, they have the space for larger homes. If you have ever been there, lots of people have access to pools, at the very least thanks to these amazing Intex supermarket pools almost all can enjoy a short swim on a hot day. 

5 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

at the very least thanks to these amazing Intex supermarket pools almost all can enjoy a short swim on a hot day. 

Sure, at 3-6 EUR per cubic meter everyone can afford to have a cheap pool with enough water to make the waves a problem.   Sure.   And then have a filter running and some chlorine to stop algae or just throw the water and fill it up again, since it is soooooo cheap.

And sure, every average person has the space to have a pool in their garden, garden which every average person has.

15 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

You virtue signalling idiot.

are you kidding?

mild earthquakes might cause a few waves in your pool (if you are rich enough to have one), but large ones may destroy half the buildings in town (maybe your own), snap the tops off of trees (big trees, mind - and those tops go flying like rockets into whatever is nearby), bury your car in sand, cause landslides, bridge collapses, gaping holes in the road, fires and more.

wake up, man.  nobody gives a shit about their pool in a serious earthquake.

3 hours ago, dstanners said:

Just out of interest, do they ski in Chiemgau or across the border in Austria? 

Plenty of good skiing here.  No need to go to Austria.  Screw the maut.  

Actually they go to Ruhpolding where there are a couple of slopes specifically designed for beginners.  

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

wake up, man.  nobody gives a shit about their pool in a serious earthquake.

I was as usual being facetious and ironic, lost on our idiot.

Schrodinger's douchebag strikes again...

(Oh dear)

Watching j² pretend to know anything about California or earthquakes is about as amusing as watching him pretend to know anything about anything else.

Good thing he isn't stooping to petty insults and name-calling.

On 9/3/2019, 5:57:35, lisa13 said:

Friends who moved to Israel from the USA the same date as me, could for now been dead. The Germans in 1930s also "didn't know" why the Jews are so worried about the new government. The history repeats itself as a farce. Try walking with a kippah in Saxony or any US fake Christian county, and you will understand what is to be a unicorn.

This country is fucked, 35% Nazis in Saxony Landtag.

On 28.8.2019, 23:36:54, Habediehre said:

Biggest thing for us would be affording the property in Chiemsee area

On 3.9.2019, 15:46:03, BradinBayern said:

I am in Chiemgau!  Yes, it is absolutely gorgeous here.  And absolutely frekin expensive.  Like 500,000€ for a fixer-upper.  

On 3.9.2019, 11:21:29, Habediehre said:

Looking at it in my working class, rational mentality... In England we are content and comfortable. Our house although quite modest, will be paid off in about 5 years, I can earn around 35-40k a year comfortably without doing overtime.

When you say "affording the property in Chiemsee area", do you mean that you want to buy a house in the area or that you'd be content with renting an apartment? Unless you have a substanial downpayment, I don't know how you're going to be able to afford property in that area.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Friends who moved to Israel from the USA the same date as me, could for now been dead. The Germans in 1930s also "didn't know" why the Jews are so worried about the new government. The history repeats itself as a farce. Try walking with a kippah in Saxony or any US fake Christian county, and you will understand what is to be a unicorn.

This is the last thread i expected to be Godwinned. 

Why do you find any of this farcical or does the farce come later?  

14 hours ago, yourkeau said:

That's your first post in ages yourkeau...I would say welcome back but that post doesn't sound much like you. I agree that world politics has taken a turn for the worse but that's still an odd first post back.

4 hours ago, theGman said:

That's your first post in ages yourkeau...I would say welcome back but that post doesn't sound much like you. I agree that world politics has taken a turn for the worse but that's still an odd first post back.

If that's what you think, you can always click on the report button and ask a mod to check on that. ;)

yourkeau is originally from Saxony, IIRC. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he were horrified at current nazi trends in his former home state.

They bother me, too.