(Planned) Amendment of the Residence Act for post-Brexit residency

65 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, theGman said:

Indeed, and I agree.

Exactly. And we don't agree. And we have repeatedly asked you to point out when the Germans said that they would offer cost-free fees? Because reciprocity, in my book does ,not mean it needs to also be cost free. And according to Nina above, it hasn't been cost free for her German mum in the UK yet either.

ETA, to reflect your edits:

The point is that they can treat each non-EU nation as they like. The UK will be just another non-EU nation. We just have to deal with that.

So you agree Germans/EU27 already in UK should be deported if they don't meet a minimum income threshold applied to Americans? So you agree Germans/EU27 already in UK should pay thousands for a resident title, just like Americans? I'll pass on your comments to Priti Nasty - she'll be glad of them...

2 hours ago, europaeuropa said:

For Turks in Germany, the application fee is offered at a significantly discounted price.

citation please.

1 hour ago, europaeuropa said:

She was the one saying Germans in UK / Brits in Germany should be treated like any American etc. (Her argument already falls apart since Turks are not treated like Americans anyway). 

bullshit.  I did not say that in any way, shape or form.  You are running off on another flight of fancy. 

You keep talking about Turks so how about you pony up some documentation about what you mean, specifically.

1 hour ago, theGman said:

Indeed, and I agree.

jesus - you too?  where did I say that theGman?

The fees were cancelled more than a year ago for EU27 in UK.

you have been asked repeatedly to show evidence of that by myself and others yet you have not done anything of the sort.  I quoted the faq which clearly states the only people who will get "free" permanent residence permits in the UK are the ones who already have one - which is fairly reasonable - I daresay LOGICAL - as they already paid for the original permit, so why should they be doubled charged?  And in terms of reciprocity, can you point me to a type of German NE currently offered to UK citizens under freedom of movement laws?  Oh and which permit in Germany requires a 55 page application?

details details...not really your strong point, are they?

48 minutes ago, europaeuropa said:

So you agree Germans/EU27 already in UK should be deported if they don't meet a minimum income threshold applied to Americans? So you agree Germans/EU27 already in UK should pay thousands for a resident title, just like Americans? I'll pass on your comments to Priti Nasty - she'll be glad of them...

holy shitballs.  you can't even maintain a train of thought can you?

Someone is forgetting that after Oct. 31, the UK will no longer be part of the EU. They will be free of all the silly rules and regs. 

2 hours ago, europaeuropa said:

I don't agree with Brexit, full stop. But the people (British people) voted and that's the way it is. Do I want this to happen to Germans in the UK? Of course not. But that is what this whole shit show is about. Once Brexit happens, the UK can do what it wants. Likewise, the Germans can do what they want.  This is a divorce.

I, for one, think the Germans have so far been very fair about all of this. I appreciated them fast tracking my citizenship for example.

The Germans owe us nothing. Fuck all. Nix.

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

jesus - you too?  where did I say that theGman?

I have skimmed this thread at best. I don't know what you said exactly. I just assumed that, like me, you believe that post Brexit, Brits will simply be in the non-EU category. Just like Americans. Just like many other countries. But that's my assumption.

@lisa13 I'm surprised after all your years in Germany you were clueless about the special arrangements for Turks. 

https://www.integrationsbeauftragte.de/ib-de/themen/einreise-und-aufenthalt/assoziationsrecht-ewg-tuerkei-326164.

Either you support both Germans in UK and Brits In Germany paying no fees, or you support the destruction of the equilibrium. 

You now say you don't support Germans being treated like Americans, ergo you don't support Brits in Germany being treated like Americans. 

53 minutes ago, europaeuropa said:

I'm surprised after all your years in Germany you were clueless about the special arrangements for Turks. 

Ah yes...but I'm surprised you think these terms are "special", insofar as the employment rules are far more restrictive than the rules for third country nationals under normal residence/work permits and leaves the door open for employers to take advantage of and even abuse their Turkish employees as they are essentially captive for the first three years.  If you see that as a "special deal" for them...what can I say?  You're not very discerning.

Either you support both Germans in UK and Brits In Germany paying no fees, or you support the destruction of the equilibrium. 

what are you smoking and where can I get some?

You now say you don't support Germans being treated like Americans, ergo you don't support Brits in Germany being treated like Americans

again you are making things up.  I have not made any statements whatsoever about how Brits or Germans should be handled relative to Americans.  Just stop it.

1 hour ago, theGman said:

I have skimmed this thread at best. I don't know what you said exactly. I just assumed that, like me, you believe that post Brexit, Brits will simply be in the non-EU category. Just like Americans. Just like many other countries. But that's my assumption.

oh now I get it - thanks for clarifying.  yes I do agree with that, but I have not said anything about such scenarios. 

In fact I have not stated that anyone in any scenario should be "treated like Americans" - that's something our dear friend completely made up.  

@lisa13 I'm surprised after all your years in Germany you were clueless about the special arrangements for Turks. 

https://www.integrationsbeauftragte.de/ib-de/themen/einreise-und-aufenthalt/assoziationsrecht-ewg-tuerkei-326164.

Am I missing something here? This seems to be an EU forerunner decision not a German decision. I am not sure what the point is you are trying to make?

So i have questionnaire to fill in,

Which choice of Visa do I want.

1) A family dependency Visa

2) A visa for economic activity.

Does anyone know which is better. Looks like these are the only 2 options I can apply for.

2 minutes ago, Smaug said:

You've got German kids, right?

do i need to look for a job where my kid is?

1 minute ago, Smaug said:

I don't think you would need to be employed at all, but I am not so certain about the details.

i need to work and pay the bills.

If i lose my job 300km from my kid it is a big problem.

55 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

do i need to look for a job where my kid is?

Are you married?

If you want to go down the family route, the they will probably want you to apply at your main family residence and then register your other address as a nebenwohnsitz where you work during the week. 

5 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

If you want to go down the family route, the they will probably want you to apply at your main family residence and then register your other address as a nebenwohnsitz where you work during the week. 

That is the issue, i stay 2 nights in Nuremberg in a shitty hostel (pension) and I cant register as I am there for 2 nights.

The the place where you are registered to live (Einwohnermeldeamt) will inform the associated Ausländerbehörde of your existance when you are no longer an EU citizen. The ABHwill contact you by letter. If you do not cooperate with them to regularise your residence status then they will write to you asking for you to leave the country. If you do not deregister (Abmeldung - again communicated by the Einwohnermeldeamt) they will then set the wheels in motion to deport you. Like everyone else. :)