Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jaw surgery in Düsseldorf

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

i have jaw problem since i was young but i knew my family could not afford to fix it so i tried to ignore my asymmetrical jaw issue and moved on. But now at the age of 28, i finally gather all my bravery and determination to proceed with a life changing event like this. As i am new to Düsseldorf and Germany in general. Can someone please recommend me a good/experienced clinic? Or if you ever have a jaw surgery before, please share your experience. 

Many many thanks in advance.

xoxo

Have you spoken with your family doctor? 

You need a Maxillo- Facial/ Prosthodontics  department. Düsseldorf Uni Hospital has one.

1 hour ago, RedMidge said:

You need a Maxillo- Facial/ Prosthodontics  department.

Can you say that 5 times in a row really quick :)?

No recommendations in Düsseldorf I'm afraid but I had jaw surgery about 10 years ago in Freiburg. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul! I started off by consulting my kids' orthodontist. I needed a couple of years in braces, then an operation on the top jaw (Gaumennahterweiterung), then another year in braces before an operation on the lower jaw (Unterkiefervorverlagerung). Then iirc a few months (maybe another year) before the braces could finally be removed. It is a very big deal but in my view definitely worth it. Oh and as you see you do get to learn some lovely new long German words. I did it more for clinical necessity than aesthetics but appearance did improve as a side effect. Big plus point: costs were all covered by the Krankenkasse.

19 hours ago, RedMidge said:

You need a Maxillo- Facial/ Prosthodontics  department. Düsseldorf Uni Hospital has one.

Sounds like you don't need a jaw doctor then :)

While you're at the jaw cod, can I send the wife along as a job lot?

On 24.8.2019, 10:56:48, Prosie said:

No recommendations in Düsseldorf I'm afraid but I had jaw surgery about 10 years ago in Freiburg. Be prepared to be in it for the long haul! I started off by consulting my kids' orthodontist. I needed a couple of years in braces, then an operation on the top jaw (Gaumennahterweiterung), then another year in braces before an operation on the lower jaw (Unterkiefervorverlagerung). Then iirc a few months (maybe another year) before the braces could finally be removed. It is a very big deal but in my view definitely worth it. Oh and as you see you do get to learn some lovely new long German words. I did it more for clinical necessity than aesthetics but appearance did improve as a side effect. Big plus point: costs were all covered by the Krankenkasse.

Hallo Prosie, 

Thanks a lot for your comment. It does help a lot. I made a Termin at a Orthodontist. Hope that my case will be eligible to be covered by the Krankenkasse 😅

And I am getting ready with the pain, swelling and braces. 😂 Thank you again. It’s good to hear that its worth it. 🤗

On 23.8.2019, 20:36:37, RedMidge said:

Have you spoken with your family doctor? 

I havent spoken with the family doctor. But i made a Termin at an Orthodontist straight away instead. Thanks for your tip. All the best. 🤗