ALG1 with Aufenthaltserlaubnis (§ 21 Abs.5)

2 posts in this topic

Hello people!

I know the subject ALG1 for foreigners has been discussed several times but can´t find an exact reply to my situation, hopefully someone could help me?

I live in Berlin since more than 5 years, currently hold a AUFENTHALTSERLAUBNIS § 21 Abs.5 + Erwebstätigkeit gestattet (anmerkungen) valid till 2022. I imagine this is a visa that allows me to work in any field without being tied to a specific employer.

I´ll be leaving the Company that I worked for more than 2 years. Do I have to inform the Ausländerbehörde (foreigners office) if I ask for ALG1? I´ve been contributing monthly so I could ask ALG1 but I´m scared that if I have to inform the foreigners office they could shorten my Visa.

When having a visa tied to a specific employer it is a must to inform LABO but also for other cases?

As I still have 3 years of visa, after some months or a year I would look for a new job anyways so for my new extension in 2022 I would be working of course.

Thanks to all in advance!

I've had the visa tied to a specific employer and the visa which allows every sozialversicherungspflichtige Erwerbstätigkeit. I've applied for ALG1 in both situations but never told the Ausländerbehörde. (Not sure why I would have to tell them?) I was also allowed to work freelance so continued with that and never experienced any repercussions. Good luck!