Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worth placing my italian rental ad.now for Sept 2019 booking?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My Sardinian rental apartment is available in September. If I took out a paid ad now could I expect any interest. Or is it better to wait until Dec for next years bookings.

Thanks and appreciate your answers.

Hi Sardocasa, and welcome to TT. :)

Hmm. Depends on when your rental is available, how long, who it's suited for (singles, couple, family, group...) and how expensive it is.  Families will not be interested, as kids are in school in September. Those who don't need to take school holidays into consideration might be interested, but most will probably have made their plans already. If there's one thing Germans are generally not, it's spontaneous.  That may be a bit harsh, their humour is also not all that. Nor their tolerance for... oh never mind, you get the idea.

OTOH, why not put up an ad online, on those sites that are free or not too costly?

Thank you so much for your reply. I agree that most germans would have made their holiday plans well in advance. Just a thought!

Can I ask which are the popular German sites for owner rentals. Not airbnb!

Are the free sites used.

(My apartment is 2 bed for 4 people near the sea, so should have a lot of interest

but this year although advertised in Europe only had Italian interest.)

Try Ebay Kleinanzeigen and Quoka. Immobilienscout24.de is also worth a try, but that will not be free. OTOH, they do have a tool where you can allegedly check the interest beforehand, to decide whether it's worth putting up an ad.