robot vacuum cleaner

7 posts in this topic

We are on the market for a robot vacuum cleaner.
Better if with mop function. Or should I rather buy two robots?

What's your experience and reccomendation?

Thanks, 

We have one, only vacuum function though.  At the beginning I was very skeptical, but the thingy does a neat job, and it is a cheapish one.  It is an Eufy Robovac 30C, it is basically the same 11S which is very successful in the budget line with added WLAN functionality.   It doesn't have smart mapping functionality, but for our ground floor it is OK because it is basically a giant open space.

I have no experience with more expensive ones, so I have no idea if it is worth to invest more.

We have a Neato. Little bit pricey but does a good job. No WLAN but programmable in some way. I just do room by room by turning it on and letting it go. Couldn't live without it. BTW, if you get one you have to give it a name.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

if you get one you have to give it a name.

I agree! Mine is called 'Madison'. I got her recently and so far I'm very happy with her. It's a Roomba 960.

@Gambatte I thought about getting a separate unit that could do wet mopping but after some research, I decided not to. The reason is that what's in the market is only good for very small surfaces, like a kitchen or a bathroom. There doesn't seem to be anything that will handle a whole flat in one go. If the device is just going to wash the kitchen floor and thought I might as well do it myself.

Our “Mac” just arrived today, and we’re obssessed. We just went for something not too expensive but had great ratings on Amazon (Robovac 115 from eufy).