treatment of dogs in boarding kennels

53 posts in this topic

I think we can't judge Henribear for her (forgive me if I got the gender wrong) decision to board the dogs in a kennel.

She already indicated a family emergency in the UK, and we don't know enough to tell her they could have done things differently.

To be honest, boarding pets for a short time isn't an outlandish thing to do, *especially* when your hands are full and family things are going crazy. (Some people *dump* their pets even before a planned vacation or move to avoid the boarding / pet travel cost. :(  This owner was trying to do the right thing.)

They trusted the kennel and the good reviews, and now are trying to protect their pets and those of others. Nothing wrong there.

24 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

In an emergency, for me at least, people always come first! I think your comments were very unfair.

Have you even got a dog or a child?

18 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

With the best will in the world a dog is just a dog. 

I suppose your answer to the op in that case would be;

23 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

@Henribear With the best will in the world a dog is just a dog, it was an emergency I'm sure you and your dogs will get over it so be a little careful who you choose next time to babysit your 4 legged friends. 

you think I'm unfair.

3 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

I suppose your answer to the op in that case would be;

you think I'm unfair.

Yes, furthermore you have changed my text  and falsely claimed it was a quote from me:angry:!!!!!!!!

I just happen to believe that when it comes to children, mothers, fathers close friends and in fact the majority of human kind, dogs take a very second place.

41 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Yes, furthermore you have changed my text  and falsely claimed it was a quote from me:angry:!!!!!!!!

But in more words than one that was basically what you meant but used me as your scapegoat so stop whinging.

45 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I just happen to believe that when it comes to children, mothers, fathers close friends and in fact the majority of human kind, dogs take a very second place.

What ever your beliefs, it's pretty obvious you don't have a dog and have absolutely no idea, may I suggest you never even think about getting one.

It would most definitely not fit into your daily routine and family life especially if there was an emergency, besides we have enough dogs in rescue centers in Germany and certainly don't need another.

Didn't come here to be judged. Discuss what emergency it was or why we need dog care. Thank you for the links. The kennels will be investigated.  J suggest some off you look to yourselves before criticising others 

1 hour ago, Henribear said:

Didn't come here to be judged.

Then sadly you came to the wrong forum.. 

To avoid further spankings.. Log out and dont sign in again.. ( be we all know that you will peek in a little from time tio time..)

Your profile says you are in Bremen... Well, You can be in almost any part of the UK.. with dogs (AKA Familly) within 8hrs... Flights , hire cars etc etc.. may save you 3 hours.. 

Sir P fully understands what I wrote.. and I stand by it... 

Your Dogs are either "Familly" or they arent...     My daughter AKA familly was once left with a stranger for a few hours.... I went fucking ballistic with her mom... Now, I get invited to take care of the wee one if things go south !!!

12 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

But in more words than one that was basically what you meant but used me as your scapegoat so stop whinging.

What ever your beliefs, it's pretty obvious you don't have a dog and have absolutely no idea, may I suggest you never even think about getting one.

It would most definitely not fit into your daily routine and family life especially if there was an emergency, besides we have enough dogs in rescue centers in Germany and certainly don't need another.

Huh, you write a "rant" (your word not mine) which I described as unfair, you put words in my mouth and claim I used you as a scapegoat and I should stop whinging. Not content with that you go off on a further nasty rant about my capabilities as a dog owner for which you have no idea. You Sir Prick are paranoid and I strongly advise you to seek help, perhaps a "Therapy Dog".:D

For your info I have spent many years avoiding dog shit and I have no intention to start picking it up.

10 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Your Dogs are either "Familly" or they arent...     My daughter AKA familly was once left with a stranger for a few hours... I went fucking ballistic with her mom... Now, I get invited to take care of the wee one if things go south !!!

SP, you're wrong here. This is a service dog owners use. Good dog owners interview and hire dog kennel services the same way you would interview and hire teachers, schools, nannies, and babysitters. We rely on the referrals of our vets and other dog owners. I once had not only a vet referral, but the kennel owner was the sister of our upstairs neighbor. My boy Tyson (the last dog) came back to me with a swollen nose. Later, a customer and neighbor of the kennel owner told me the kennel owner's boyfriend was "not right in the head." There's a lot to unpack in @Henribear's story, but, the upshot is this, even with the best information and references, sometimes a kennel is just shit just like sometimes teachers, doctors, babysitters, nannies, and priests are shit.

Mostly I guess we can conclude that sometimes people are just shit.

15 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

You Sir Prick are paranoid and I strongly advise you to seek help, perhaps a "Therapy Dog".:D

That just about sums you up by name calling.

How old you? 

23 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Not content with that you go off on a further nasty rant about my capabilities as a dog owner for which you have no idea. 

For your info I have spent many years avoiding dog shit and I have no intent to start picking it up.

For someone you claim has no idea I wasn't a million miles from the truth.

Post what you want I'm not going to bother replying, I hate to see grown men cry.

30 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

For someone you claim has no idea I wasn't a million miles from the truth.

You have no idea, I was a former dog owner (both lived long and happy lives) when I had the time and location to provide them with a loving home. I now live in a city centre in a 3rd floor apartment on a main road which even if the building regulations allowed dogs (they don't), would be very unsuitable for free roaming pets.

41 minutes ago, Sir Percy B said:

Post what you want I'm not going to bother replying, I hate to see grown men cry.

Typical, you are so wrong now you won't accept it and can only respond with a quip and I won't play any more.

How old are you???

It is much better to leave a dog with family or friends, or even pay for a dog sitter. My experience of dog kennels has not been a good one. I remember collecting my poor dog and he was so happy to see us, he looked like he had been "liberated". It got to the point that if he saw a suitcase he would shake in fear of going to the kennels.

I think the problem is they have so many dogs there it is like going to a boarding school for the poor dogs, or worse... boot camp.

OP-sorry to hear of experience. Hope your dogs have recovered . ( Wow-4 dogs!!)

I am sure not all kennels are as bad, try and get referrals from vet, neighbours.

i recall my parents and their mini dog- a feisty , runt sized JRussell. Their local kennel in the UK was amazing. The owners took their dog into their house for the stay, saying she was too small for the big dogs!

So, she loved going there!   And she had the heart and spirit of a lion.

On 14.8.2019, 23:14:53, SpiderPig said:

Then sadly you came to the wrong forum.. 

To avoid further spankings.. Log out and dont sign in again.. ( be we all know that you will peek in a little from time tio time..)

Your profile says you are in Bremen... Well, You can be in almost any part of the UK.. with dogs (AKA Familly) within 8hrs... Flights , hire cars etc etc.. may save you 3 hours.. 

Sir P fully understands what I wrote.. and I stand by it... 

Your Dogs are either "Familly" or they arent...     My daughter AKA familly was once left with a stranger for a few hours... I went fucking ballistic with her mom... Now, I get invited to take care of the wee one if things go south !!!

@SpiderPig You really are not a nice person. This poor family had to find somewhere for their dogs due to an emergency situation.

Your attitude stinks. If I was to try and get back to the UK taking my animals it would certainly take more than 8 hours. 

Perhaps you should be the person who should log out. Permanently.

This used to be a very helpful and friendly site.