landlord stole my stuff

25 posts in this topic

My name is bob i am from mexico, i am here with my wife who is also mexican and we have a healthy 2 month old boy who was born here in wismar (we have been granted
subsidiary protection)

I am writing this letter with tears,
my family  and i where moved to a refugee facility in wismar (haffburg 2).
 we went to belin for 3 weeks to get an MRI on my foot where i had a cancerous tumer removed.
We returned on sunday the 21/07/19 .
We where stoped from entering our room by security who told us we no longer live there, i had to borrow 100 euros to stay at a hotel(because all my money was in my room).

The next morning i went back there to get our things ,we where told that we only have a small bag with pappers,
And that they gave away all our stuff (money ,clothes,phones... etc)
When asked why? They said that
 Someone told them that i would not come back to wismar.

I went to the jobcenter, police,
And they told  me that it is a normal procedure by law to kick us out and give away our stuff (because we live in aparment building for refugees) .

I have worked with refugees in mexico
For the better part of 2 years, so i know that even refugees have rights.

what can i do?

thanxs in advance

54 minutes ago, Jamex said:

My name is bob i am from mexico, i am here with my wife who is also mexican and we have a healthy 2 month old boy who was born here in wismar (we have been granted subsidiary protection)

I am writing this letter with tears,
my family  and i where moved to a refugee facility in wismar (haffburg 2).

But your location says Hamburg? First of all: Your story sounds dramatic, but there is an evident lack of information to make an estimate here. (That I find it strange that refugees (?) from Mexico (?) receive subsidiary protection in Germany, ignored).

we went to belin for 3 weeks to get an MRI on my foot where i had a cancerous tumer removed.

On whose instigation did you travel to Berlin? Who ordered (and paid for) the treatment there? Were the responsible foreigners authority and/or the Bamf and the refugee institution informed that you are in Berlin for a treatment and for three weeks and then definitely come back? 

We returned on sunday the 21/07/19 .

That was almost three weeks ago, what happened since then? Where do you live now?

We where stoped from entering our room by security who told us we no longer live there, i had to borrow 100 euros to stay at a hotel(because all my money was in my room).

The next morning i went back there to get our things ,we where told that we only have a small bag with pappers,
And that they gave away all our stuff (money ,clothes,phones... etc)

You went to Berlin for three weeks and left money and telephones behind in Wismar? That's hard to believe, sorry.

When asked why? They said that
 Someone told them that i would not come back to wismar.

I went to the jobcenter, police,
And they told  me that it is a normal procedure by law to kick us out and give away our stuff (because we live in aparment building for refugees) .

Well, yes, that is quite common: If refugees disappear without a trace from their assigned homes and no one knows if they will ever come back, the things they left behind will eventually be used or destroyed. Those homes – paid for by the tax payers – are not luggage storage for submerged refugees nor hotels, where empty rooms are reserved for indefinite amounts of time.

That's why I ask who arranged the stay in Berlin, whether the authorities and the institution were involved/informed about the duration of the absence, etc., and if so, who is responsible for it? Unfortunately, your report lacks all the details.

I have worked with refugees in mexico
For the better part of 2 years, so i know that even refugees have rights.

Yes - but not only rights, but also obligations. For example, reporting obligations, cooperation obligations, residence obligations, residence requirements and so on. What obligations do you have? 

Thanks you all for your comments

It. Is amazing that when you tell the truth people think your lying.

I am not west african

I am not a native spanish speaker( i was born in jamaica)

Sorry for spelling tumer wrong

All my friend say that leaving the money and the phone was stupid.( my bad)

Belin buch is considered the best cancer hospital in germany, they removed my tumor there so the doctor in wismar told me it would be better to reuturn there.

I have all the papper work with me

Just tell me whats needed to verify my story i upload it.

As for my tears sure it hurts to have your stuff stolen, but i can call it a loss 

But what about the people that have lived there for five or more years

It destroys them.

9 minutes ago, Jamex said:

Thanks you all for your comments

It. Is amazing that when you tell the truth people think your lying.

There are big gaps in your story - logical gaps and information gaps. you don't do anything now to close these gaps.

That doesn't make your story more credible.

Just tell me whats needed to verify my story

Facts.  

OK - this is fun :) more "mistery" between the lines:

even if "Bob" was scheduled to travel to a special clinic in Berlin, why would his wife and two month old Baby have to travel with him?

the title reads "landlord" stole my stuff - that makes it sound like "Bob" was renting the place from somebody, which he is not (if the family are refugees, the place has been assigned to them, they don't pay rent).

...and then there is ancient history... from back in 2013, when "Bob" joined TT ;) oh yes!

Back then he was "Robert, visiting Rostock, and from Jamaica" he even published his phone number there (doubt that still works, though) to hook up with some lady.

Looking at his user-name "Jamex", maybe he is a Jamaican-Mexican? Who knows, pure entertainment!

Sorry, "Bob", whereever you're from, it's probably not Mexico, maybe not even Jamaica - maybe sell your "story" to a TV station?

4 minutes ago, Santitas said:

Plot twist: he’s telling the truth

truth can be stranger than fiction ;)

We left the refugee facility for berlin

We came here principally for my mri scan, and other small stuff like getting my boys passport,  we told everybody

We where going to be away for a week

(Jobcenter, ausländerbehörde)

While here i had a bicycle accident (grade 2 ankle sprain)

They put an cast on my ankle

And gave me an apointment for a ct scan the following week.

So with cast and crutches i went to 

https://kub-berlin.org/

There i spoke to manuel armbruster

And asked him to call the facility

To tell them that i had to stay a few extra days, they said it was ok we even faxed them the hospital papers, but just to be sure i called my neighbor sammy

Told him to go down stair and. Tell the social offlice i was injured. He spoke to thomas an asshole that works there who said everything was ok.

So you can imagine how shocked i was when wr got there and they said we dont live there any more.

I called my friend german to translate

(I dont speak german)

The security guard said that they had it in their books that we did not live there since 07/08/19 i made the call from kub on the 08/08/19 .

So i went to a hotel.

It was a sunday when we got back to wismar so the office was closed.

On monday i went to the office i spoke to mr muller he is the boss

He told me that he was on vacation for 3 weeks so i should come back at 5 and talk to a lady(i dont remember her name)

She told me that Berlin called saying i wouldn't be back, so they gave away all our stuff.

Part 1

Just assuming that all of this is true, what do you expect us to do about it?

I don't mean to sound cold or nasty, or anything, but what are your expectations?

oh.... boy....

So, left Wismar to get a CT scan in Berlin? Like there are no options for that in Wismar, right?

Had to take the whole family to Berlin? Why, exactly? Ah, I see, "small stuff and a passport"....yeah, like that's not available anywhere but Berlin either.

Got into a bicycle accident in Berlin? How many people were riding the bike? Just you, or the three of you? And where did you get the bicycle from, anyways?

I also find it very strange that in between February 2013 - when you arrived in Rostock, coming from Jamaica (supposedly) - and now 2019, over six years later, you still can't speak enough German to get your act together?

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck, whoever you are :)

2 hours ago, Jamex said:

Yup a mexican named bob

Ah right, there was a Mexican called Senor Bob in The Hateful Eight. You could be right.

1 minute ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Ah right, there was a Mexican called Senor Bob in The Hateful Eight. You could be right.

true, even Mexicans may be called Bob - but explain to me the transition from Jamaican to Mexican over the last six years?

35 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Just assuming that all of this is true, what do you expect us to do about it?

I don't mean to sound cold or nasty, or anything, ...

You could possibly try harder.

Why is everyone being so german about this?

What’s he got to gain by lying to people on the forum? He’s not using his story to take your credit card details. He’s looking for your advice, not trying to steal your advice from you. It’s absolutely laughable that this is what this forum has come to. And so what if he’s not Mexican!? If you’re not offering constructive advice, why are you wasting your time? 

Just now, adamjameskehoe said:

What’s he got to gain by lying to people on the forum? He’s not using his story to take your credit card details.

It wouldn't be the first time that somebody told an outlandish story to have a laugh.  It used to be a common pass time here among the members to make a new user ID and post stuff like this on Fridays, hence old timers sometimes reply with "Is it Friday already" to posts like this.

However, I am all for giving ppl the benefit of the  doubt but I'm not sure I have any advice to give.  I assume it's possible to go to the police and report theft but in an asylum center where people are coming and going fairly quickly, there might well be a policy in place for how long you can be gone until your property and room are considered abandoned.  I suppose the cities are taking care of these centers so it might be possible to complain about the policy to the city.  However, I think it's unlikely that they will be compensated for whatever they said was in the room.