Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reporting Unemployment while having Niederlassungserlaubnis

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My 'limited' contract is coming to an end on the last day of this month. I have a Niederlassungserlaubnis since January this year. Yesterday, I went to the ABH information desk, to just ask if I have to report my unemployment (which will be from 01.09.) to them (I have already registered with BfA, which is a different story altogether). She said, I must report it to them. Moreover, she said I will have 'only 3 months' to look for another job or else they will have my NE cancelled. Contrary to everything I knew about NE, this got me so traumatised. Now, I am afraid of sending them an email or something. Just scared of poking the hornet's nest. I read §51 and §82 of AufenthG. But, it did not help. Can anyone confirm if what she said is true for those who have NE? It would be helpful for soothing my nerves. I just do not want to go on a vacation (= 7 weeks, < 6 months condition) with this thing in the back of my mind.

Many thanks, 

H. Bee 

@someonesdaughter has already replied here. I saw it only now after I already started this new thread. My apologies.

Many thanks to her.

Anyhow, If someone can point out to an §§ in the AufenthG or somewhere, that would also be indeed helpful.