Difference when you dress up and down

238 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

and I said "IF" some old fella

oh okay - then carry on with your rage fantasy.   :lol:

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If some old fella said to me "I am glad your daughter is pretty" or such... He would be immediately questioned as to why he was glad...

Fucking perv!

Happened to me when my daughter was about 12 years old. The owner of a local business was positively salivating. We quickly left, never to return. I later heard from the chap's ex girldfriend and others that he does have a 'thing' for young girls and had been arrested before following an incident with a young girl.  

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I hereby swear that I will no longer open any of SLs threads.

No matter what I see on the feed, no matter how tempting it might be, even if someone quotes me from elsewhere or @s me, I shall abstain.

that is my pledge.  

hope to see you guys on some other threads :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!  :):):)

Interesting to hear "no matter how tempting it might be", but I have faith in your will power!

2 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

You said you were back at 6pm... now run along...

Yes, because I am having lunch at my desk, did not go out today.

3 hours ago, balticus said:

If you were a woman, i would find the English awkward, but spot the positive sentiment.   It would be like saying "I am glad your daughter is a good student."   Not common word usage, but meant to be complimentary.   

I couldn't disagree more. But OK, I guess we can leave it at that.

Most normal people would probably see it as it was meant - a compliment.   

So you are calling me abnormal? Damn, now that's not very nice is it.

If you would be fighting mad about it, you might want to try to reduce your level of stress.   

My doctor said the same, but everything and everyone just pisses me off soooo much. I got a fitbit and set an alarm to alert me when my pulse rises too much. But the alarm started to piss me off and I ended up smashing the watch in a fit of rage.

Cruising for a Bruising seems to imply violence.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cruising%20for%20a%20Bruising

Back in my school days it was just a general phrase to mean looking for trouble. But maybe that is my problem. At the time it seemed like playful language but actually it instilled a sense of violence in me at a young age. Thus my aggression and stress as an adult now.

Get some exercise and fresh air.    

I would really prefer the recommendation of the professional help. Exercise hurts and I get bruises from my man boobs constantly hitting me in the face.

4 minutes ago, emkay said:

Happened to me when my daughter was about 12 years old. The owner of a local business was positively salivating. We quickly left, never to return. I later heard from the chap's ex girldfriend and others that he does have a 'thing' for young girls and had been arrested before following an incident with a young girl.  

Never imagined such thing.

The worse I imagined is such attention from supervisor.

1 hour ago, generalmartok said:

You (Balticus) seem to upvote every one of her posts, however absurd they may be.

Balticus is the chief complainer on TT about people using the green button. He's whined many times about this. In fact, just a few hours ago Balticus was advocating for the abolishment of the greenies. Below is his post from the socket puppet thread. Balticus gives the greenie button a workout when its convenient for him, yet complains like a juvenile when he see posters greening others in response to his absurd Trumpian and whataboutism posts and others.

4 hours ago, balticus said:

Have you ever accused a userid with which you agree of being a duplicate account?    If not, maybe the whole "sock puppet" thing is a failure to come to terms with others not sharing your beliefs and/or opinions.  

Two proposals:

1.   Remove the point system.   Nobody is going to change their opinion based on the number of greens accumulated.

2.   Prohibit copy and pastes and memes.    If users are forced to synthesize their own arguments rather than robo-copy, it would prevent mindless bot-like users from flooding the discussion.  

It would be interesting to do a graph analysis on the users and likes and a sentiment analysis on the posts.   You might find that when you insult user ABC that you get greens from the same 3-5 users.   There are a few "tribes" on TT and others with varying degrees of independence.    

2 minutes ago, theGman said:

So you are calling me abnormal? Damn, now that's not very nice is it.

Or at least very negative.

My doctor said the same, but everything and everyone just pisses me off soooo much. I've got a fitbit and set an alarm to alert me when my pulse rises too much. But the alarm started to piss me off and I ended up smashing the watch in a fit of rage.

My advice to you: develop some hobbies, and try to enjoy life more.

Back in my school days it was just a general phrase to mean looking for trouble. But maybe that is my problem. At the time, it seemed like playful language but actually it instilled a sense of violence in me at a young age. Thus my aggression and stress as an adult now.

Yes, I do feel you always use very strong, aggressive words. Do get some help, or try to find out a way to release you stress, some calm way, try to appreciate beautiful things.

I would really prefer the recommendation of the professional help. Exercise hurts and I get brusies from my man boobs constantly hitting me in the face.

This is another example of your vulgar language.

6 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

Balticus is the chief complainer on TT about people using the green button. He's weaned many times about this. In fact, just a few hours ago Balticus was advocating for the abolishment of the greenies. Below is his post from the socket puppet thread. Balticus gives the greenie button a workout when its convenient for him, yet complains like a juvenile when he see posters greening others in response to his absurd Trumpian and whataboutism posts.

At least she greens when she agrees what the post is saying.

Now like some gang, just green if anyone in his/her gang says something against some one.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

real and lasting attractiveness comes from inside...kindness and emotional intelligence. 

First, your daughter sounds a perfect princess, or you tried to portray so.

Second, this is necessary condition, but not sufficient condition, or sufficient condition for some dumb heads.

3 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

At least she greens when she agrees what the post is saying.

Now like some gang, just green if anyone in his/her gang says something against some one.

You missed the salient point of my post that balticus or you for that matter  dont get to chose how the green button is utilized on TT.

Furthermore, there's enough offensive and questionable crap you've written on this thread for you to  defend instead of trying to defend balticus use of the green button which he said himself he doesn't like but still actively continues to  use despite continuing to balk about the green button.

Now run along  and show your Italian dresses to tall men.

34 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

You missed the salient point of my post that balticus or you for that matter  dont get to chose how the green button is utilized on TT.

Furthermore, there's enough offensive and questionable crap you've written on this thread for you to  defend instead of trying to defend balticus use of the green button which he said himself he doesn't like but still actively continues to  use despite contining to bulk about the green button.

My offensive comments or posts are all exclusively response to offensive vulgar comments or posts to me.

I never go attack someone with no reason.

Now run along  and show your Italian dresses to tall men.

Why?

Is this what you would do if you happen to be pretty or attractive? Are you feeling sorry that you are not?

I NEVER tried to catch attention, but I do not make effort to avoid such attention either. I do what I need to do in daily life. Go to work, go to stores to get groceries, go to theater, go to shopping, go to restaurant, dress up to feel good, .... I do not make effort to be unseen, because I have healthy mind.

If people see me and feel me attractive, did I do anything wrong.

I feel lucky that I can have a pool to make choice.

If someone is attracted by me and I found him rather attractive and interesting, then I just enjoy his pursuit.

Just enjoy life and let things happen.

3 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

Just enjoy life and let things happen.

Which is exactly what we could say about every single one of your Topics...

8 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Which is exactly what we could say about every single one of your Topics...

Finally you are saying something not totally nonsense.

Not exactly I can just relax enjoy time, I have work to do, should be working, instead of spending time on TT  :)

1 hour ago, Lavender Rain said:

Balticus is the chief complainer on TT about people using the green button. He's whined many times about this. In fact, just a few hours ago Balticus was advocating for the abolishment of the greenies. Below is his post from the socket puppet thread. Balticus gives the greenie button a workout when its convenient for him, yet complains like a juvenile when he see posters greening others in response to his absurd Trumpian and whataboutism posts and others.

The green button does not bother me, but its perceived misuse certainly has the participants on that thread very upset.   I charitably offered solutions.    The green button (or lack thereof) would not change my posting one iota.  

For those not privy to the supporters forum, the OP on that thread was upset that the conspiracy of "sock puppets",  was organized to green each other's posts.    My "proposal" and i did use the word "proposal" was to consider dropping the green button.   If the evil "sock puppets" cannot collect their little hit of dopamine from the greenie, then maybe they would disappear.  

I have called out @fraufruit twice in situations where she has complained the lack of civility on a thread while the entire time greening the uncivil posts of her chosen side.    

When i see a vulgar, disgusting, uncivil post, i sometimes look at who has greened it just to get a better understanding.   

Example:   https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/173187-alternative-titles-of-threads/?do=findComment&comment=3767070 

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Isn´t today Friday? Do businesses still do dress-down  day?

Dress down... day?   John, I reckon everyday is dress down day here and this is a business.  If me Chucks are clean it's only due to expecting customers from Switzerland. :lol:

Today, as near on each day...  dirty Chucks, camo shorts, a black t-shirt with a skull / offensive words and a slouch beanie.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, BayrischDude said:

Dress down... day?   John, I reckon everyday is dress down day here and this is a business.  If me Chucks are clean it's only due to expecting customers from Switzerland. :lol:

Today, as near on each day...  dirty Chucks, camo shorts, a black t-shirt with a skull / offensive words and a slouch beanie.  :lol: 

I like your style!