Difference when you dress up and down

238 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

All humo(u)r aside, you really are a horrible person.

So I won.

You gang tried to beat me down with all dirty words, but I am invincible.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for invincible

3 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

So, to young women you basically say: "Get rid of everything what makes you feminine and then you will make it in the corporate world."

that's how it sounded to me too, but my experience is that this is totally unnecessary.

I've always dressed and behaved however I damn well pleased (within normal professional standards of course), and continue to do so, and I never had any problems being taken seriously by my predominantly male coworkers.  Yes there were a couple who were die hard sexist jerks, but no amount of cross-dressing/behavior would have improved things with them.  Even so, they DID work with me in spite of the social nonsense they offered.

I did work with some women who fit this description but we all just thought they were lesbians.  I don't say that in a judgy way, and no one cared a bit one way or the other, it's just how it appeared.  They didn't have an edge or an impediment because of it though.

And to think I was going to watch Leberkäs Junkie tonight.  This has been highly more entertaining...:lol:

2 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

So I won.

You gang tried to beat me down with all dirty words, but I am invincible.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for invincible

I haven't seen any 'dirty' words yet. But here's one for you. You are either high on drink or drugs or  a real arsehole.  (Yes, that is the British spelling before our cousins from across the ocean get on my case again.):rolleyes:

Some women ARE invincible, Acton! Fair enough! What´s the problem?

:D

some women tend in that direction, yes, but that woman?  nope.

she can't mail a package without drama.  

cock-a-doodling it to the world is usually a dead giveaway, too.

You youngsters you! Shrinking here, shrinking there! Just go and talk to a shrink!:rolleyes:

Just a thought...don´t feet grow during the day? I seem to remember from somewhere warnings about when best to buy shoes ..but I may be wrong,,,,

You know, the more I read from SmurfLee, the more I think what a shallow person. Are you really happy?

You need to get a life.

Interesting topic and perspectives. Always interested to read about other lives. 

Good to see that @john g. may be pale, male, but is definitely not stale. Others not so much.

SmurfLee,  makes this statement on this thread:

7 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

I like to learn something everyday, enrich my brain so that I can make interesting sophisticated conversation.

Then a short time later she resorts to belittlement, devaluing, judgmental shaming of other people:

7 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

I like to see good quality things or people.

Do not like to see obese, dirty people, dress with no sense.

I can see the irony of the contradiction of the first quote from the majority of the content of what she's posted on this thread and some of her other threads and posts.

14 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

I can feel significant differences.

I found that only guys pay attention to me in summer, and most of them are very or enormously tall. And when they look at me, their facial expression is a bit like amused. I do not feel offended as long as they are not my boss. On the contrary, I kind of enjoy this.

Interestingly, or as compensation, woman are less nice to me in summer, or I feel that if they can, they would exclude me from any group.

It’s because your focus could be on men only. Your treatment and views toward them are biased because you portray yourself differently when you see them and walk by them. You give off a signal to them. You see them as prospects but you see women as competition or that they somehow envy your cuteness. Marilyn Monroe once said she always thinks about sexual things and men feel the vibe and they feel her unspoken signals that’s why they desire her. 

In winter you feel so bundled up like a sardine that you feel undesirable and you’re mentally sending this vibe to both men and women. 🤔

99% I am sure you are a chatty person who can’t bear silence so you feel the need to always make small talks so many women keep their distance from you but men tend to tolerate chatty women that’s why you generally get ok with them. 

19 hours ago, optimista said:

I found my dazzle faded after about age 36.

You must be very cute. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I remember an older lady told me once that there comes a point in a woman's life when she becomes invisible. I certainly now know what she meant.

I once mentioned to my daughter that in 'my day', I could turn a head or two...she cried laughing...I still get chatted up by the local over 80 year old chaps. They are very sweet and like my weird Anglo/Hessisch chat. 

She's now the one getting all the admiring looks which she hates.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

I remember an older lady told me once that there comes a point in a woman's life when she becomes invisible. I certainly now know what she meant.

12 hours ago, john g. said:

Some women ARE invincible, Acton! Fair enough! What´s the problem?

:D

Dear John is always wise man, true gentle man, always beloved.

Need no much more, a few kind hearts with sophisticated, intelligent brain is just enough worth coming back to TT.

Thank you John!

A Toytown user's level of irritation with SmurfLee seems to be directly proportional to their body mass index.  

🐷

2 minutes ago, balticus said:

A Toytown user's level of irritation with SmurfLee seems to be directly proportional to their body mass index.  

🐷

They cannot take things more positively, they cannot make this as initiation for a more active life style.

I think they always prefer to hear miserable stories, so that they feel their lives are in fact not the worst kind.

12 hours ago, French bean said:

You know, the more I read from SmurfLee, the more I think what a shallow person. Are you really happy?

You need to get a life.

As any lives, I have ups and downs and problems to deal with, minor frictions with other in social life or at work that all demands me to figure out how to deal with.

The difference between I and the majority TTers is that I always take positive attitude. I try my best on everything in life, including my body image.

Yes, I am happy, grateful for what I was granted, and happy for every accomplishment that I acquired with my hard work, and happy when I solved any small problems in my life.

I never give up. I always try my best everything in my life.

Yes, in this sense, I am very happy with my life.