Difference when you dress up and down

238 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Metall said:

Hardly, but I will leave you in your troll delusion. :D

I saw your online picture, not delusion. Looked like a small mountain.

Good alarm to me.

6 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

look back at me. Exclusively, they are all guys,

Men size up/evaluate every woman that passes by and then make an instantaneous judgement to turn around and look or not bother.  It's genetics. 

15 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

average by age 70 it's 3 cm for men and for women it's 5 cm, but women do tend to suffer from osteoporosis at a much higher rate, and starting at a younger age.

Sounds about right.   The Doctor told me it is normal.   I was shocked to have shrunk to 186cm.  ;) 

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

You're not cute any more. Just showed us who you are.

No worries. I do not care what you think or your gang think.

22 minutes ago, balticus said:

Sounds about right.   The Doctor told me it is normal.   I was shocked to have shrunk to 186cm.  ;) 

That is still very tall.

It also matters the time you measure.

If you measure in morning, you probably shrank only 2cm, assuming that you previously measured late afternoon or so.

25 minutes ago, catjones said:

Men size up/evaluate every woman that passes by and then make an instantaneous judgement to turn around and look or not bother.  It's genetics. 

That is interesting.

So those who were not sized up or evaluated are not women any more?

44 minutes ago, SmurfLee said:

I saw your online picture, not delusion. Looked like a small mountain.

Good alarm to me.

This thread gets my vote as the stupidest ever on this site. Who cares what Ms Lee says and thinks?

She has no problems with insulting total strangers. She clearly has no manners at all. Why don't we just ignore her?

She can't even speak acceptable English.

5 minutes ago, Acton said:

Why don't we just ignore her?

great question

my own answer to that would be:  I do ignore her 95% of the time, and I'd prefer to ignore the threads too, but they seem to suck the life out of the rest of the site for periods of time.  In addition, the threads devolve so quickly and sometimes so spectacularly...

you know, it's kinda similar to watching a train wreck.  you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself.

9 minutes ago, Acton said:

This thread gets my vote as the stupidest ever on this site. Who cares what Ms Lee says and thinks?

She has no problems with insulting total strangers. She clearly has no manners at all. Why don't we just ignore her?

She can't even speak acceptable English.

If you don't care why do you even bother typing this much letters?

Please just ignore me.

4 hours ago, karin_brenig said:

To be successful, you have to be respected, or better still, admired, for everything you are - not just based on the season and the clothes you wear. When you work in a field that is dominated by men - especially in the early days, back when I started in I.T. in 1978 - being "cute" means you make coffee, answer the phone, take meeting minutes, and run errands for the guys.

Once I realized how this works, I started using the "dress for success" mantra to my advantage.

I cut my hair short. Ditched all make-up. Bought most of my clothes, especially shoes, in the guys' department. Started wearing neck ties in the office. Took up swimming to widen my shoulders. Practiced walking with firm, long strides. Made sure I spoke with a decicive, deep voice - never saying "maybe we should...".

1978? That was the geek era of IT.

So, to young women you basically say: "Get rid of everything what makes you feminine and then you will make it in the corporate world."

2 hours ago, SmurfLee said:

I am saying, all other factors are held, you are more likable if you dress better in proper way.

You are still confusing your ability(will all those pre-qualifications,in summer dress, with tall guys,on the street...) to make a good a good impression with likeability. Without the "substance", all that attraction makes no difference afterwards. 

Also, I think, the the obsession to be "liked", isn't exactly a healthy attitude. It is similar to the insta and FB phenomenons where everything is done just to be liked!

What is it that you want ? That more guys(girls) turn their heads when you walk past ? Or, just to attract the "right" group ? Or to make sure that your current acquaintances like you more ? Or that you have more meaningful relationships in life, and being a happy individual ?

19 minutes ago, Acton said:

This thread gets my vote as the stupidest ever on this site.

No, that's still this one from 2011: https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/222456-diarrhea-remedy-while-at-oktoberfest/

"This may sound a bit odd, but it is a serious question. This year will be my 4th year in a row attending Oktoberfest. The past 3 years, I have suffered with a bout of diarrhea , that pretty much lasts the whole week once I arrive. People have told me it's the beer & meat, etc. While I do love my beer & Schweinshaxe while in Munich, could this be the cause? I drink bottled water & otherwise do not eat poor food while there. I do not have these problems back home. Could anyone suggest a remedy to tone down the symptoms a bit."

6 minutes ago, notme said:

You are still confusing your ability(will all those pre-qualifications,in summer dress, with tall guys,on the street...) to make a good a good impression with likeability. Without the "substance", all that attraction makes no difference afterwards. 

No, we are all visual animals.

I like to see good quality things or people.

Do not like to see obese, dirty people, dress with no sense.

Also, I think, the the obsession to be "liked", isn't exactly a healthy attitude. It is similar to the insta and FB phenomenons where everything is done just to be liked!

That is very judgmental. thinking about liked does not mean obssessed.

What is it that you want ? That more guys(girls) turn their heads when you walk past ? Or, just to attract the "right" group ? Or to make sure that your current acquaintances like you more ? Or that you have more meaningful relationships in life, and being a happy individual ?

That is not what I was seeking for, that just happened.

Some guys feel me attractive, obviously, and I enjoy the attention as a normal human being.

As long as I did not spend time to make effort to seek for attention, all is alright.

I do dress up for myself. I feel confident at work, and like myself enjoy myself more when I am dressed up. And it turned out that more guys feel me attractive when I am dressed up.

16 minutes ago, Acton said:

Why don't we just ignore her?

Oh, but I have tried. Unless there is another way someone can enlighten me about, when I put her on ignore, I still see her unintelligent threads show up because other people still indulge her by responding.

SmurfLee, some of your comments are downright mean. You are not only self involved and overly obsessed about your outward appearance, you seem to thrive at the attention you get. If anyone is critical of you, you get defensive and nasty. Whether you are objectively attractive or not, as someone who was single for the longest time, I believe you are undateable. Guys will go out with you but the good ones will not continue to see you if you behave the same way as you do here.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Sounds about right.   The Doctor told me it is normal.   I was shocked to have shrunk to 186mm

With that width it must be difficult to powder your balls. 

Image result for powder balls gif

8 minutes ago, generalmartok said:

SmurfLee, some of your comments are downright mean.

In what sense?

Reminding you something you do not like to think about?

You are not only self involved and overly obsessed about your outward appearance,

Funny, I do not even wear make up.

I buy clothes for fun to enjoy myself.

I spend much less time to think about my appearance than average women.

In fact I am very busy. I gave myself a break after crazy hard work for a while.

Guys will go out with you but the good ones will not continue to see you if you behave the same way as you do here.

I do not go out just any guy, but only good one.

Mostly, only good ones are paying true lasting attention to me, because my attraction is not by slutty dress, or heavy makeup.

I think it is more about the air around me, very sincere, composed, focused.

I like to have fresh look, I do not wear any make up. I like to keep healthy body shape, I like to learn something everyday, enrich my brain so that I can make interesting sophisticated conversation. I try very hard to improve myself, because this makes me feel good. I like to do good job at work, all to make myself feel good. These are things I am obsessed, and all these qualities can be seen by truly smart good guys.

And I can tell who is good, with good intention.

5 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Wasn't here at the time, so I've just checked out the thread at it had me in stitches. The bit I most like was when the OP got indignant in respect of some of the replies: " While this was a serious post, I can see some do not answer with serious responses. To answer your question Schotte, I'm 40 years old & live in NYC & this is my 4th Oktoberfest. This is not " drinkers arse "  "

What a clown. I was disappointed that no-one offered up the timeless advice from Ade Edmonson's character in Bottom of telling the OP to swallow a roll of toilet paper in the evening, to save him time the next morning.

18 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Wasn't here at the time, so I've just checked out the thread at it had me in stitches. The bit I most like was when the OP got indignant in respect of some of the replies: " While this was a serious post, I can see some do not answer with serious responses. To answer your question Schotte, I'm 40 years old & live in NYC & this is my 4th Oktoberfest. This is not " drinkers arse "  "

What a clown. I was disappointed that no-one offered up the timeless advice from Ade Edmonson's character in Bottom of telling the OP to swallow a roll of toilet paper in the evening, to save him time the next morning.

When I read this, I feel so lucky and superior.

Hahahah  :)

Some people seem very bitter. Thanks God I do not have such bitterness in my heart.

And I do feel smarter than a lot of people on TT, just reading some responses, I cannot help.

There are a few guys at work super smart, I have to admit. But here, hahahahahaha