Queen Mary II - in Hamburg

31 posts in this topic

Hope I'm not boring those who can't make it. This is for Hamburgers who relish seeing ships. pinch.gif laugh.gif

Sorry if I offended anyone yesterday enthusing about the A380. No malice aforethought, just sitting down here in sunny Swabia it was all a bit amusing watching all the excitement from a distance - and very difficult to relate to!

Guess when them big f* off things are slap bang in front of you tho it must be a sight to behold!

May I offer you a picture of a church instead. Or the Christmas market. ;)

Sorry if I offended anyone

No problem ;)

I get lost in this enthusiasm bit anyway...

Yesterday was a bit stressy running from one place to the other! Then this morning, having to get up at 5:15am! All this for the sake of news for the website and newsletter! It's worth it from my point of view, although I could do with some help from time to time - especially sponsors!

All photos are now online >> Click here

I was very lucky this morning - a red sunrise and the QM2, from the top of a crane!

HPIM2972.JPG

May I offer you a picture of a church instead. Or the Christmas market.

Most photos are welcome, especially Xmas Markets...

Excellent photos Hamburg Chris, I for one would like to see her "live", but can't make it to Hamburg this week. That's life! :)

Update today - 15th November.

Permission has not been given for journalists to get on board on the 17th. :(

The QM 2 will be leaving at 5am on the 19th :o , for all hardened fans...

There was no indication of whether this time refers to the leaving time, or the time they start opening the dock. I am expecting another E-Mail soon.

Here's the latest:

Sat, 19th November.

Leaving dock: 05:00 bis 06:00 Uhr

Where: ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems AG

Blohm + Voss Repair GmbH - Dock 17

More details: >>>>>>

Should be dry. Very cold, minus 3 C. Will be dark - sunrise 07:53.

This press release was sent to me yesterday. It might interest a few of you. The QM2 will be in Hamburg 4 times during 2006. The Queen Victoria 1st is due during 2007 - still being built. The QE2nd should be retired and replaced by the QV1st.

A royal visit –

Queen Mary 2 at the HAFENGEBURTSTAG HAMBURG

Splendid ships, the tugboat ballet, and a submarine spectacular Highlights of the water programme

817th HAFENGEBURTSTAG HAMBURG from 5 to 7 May

The greatest port festival in the world

HG 2

16 March 2006

A royal visit is lined up for the 817th HAFENGEBURTSTAG Hamburg, that is the official birthday celebration of the Port of Hamburg, from 5 to 7 May – Queen Mary 2, the world’s largest cruise vessel, will put in a guest appearance at the world’s greatest port festival, on Saturday 6 May. This luxury liner, with a length of 345 metres and a height of 72 metres, is coming to Hamburg for overhaul in dock. This will be a unique crowd puller on the Saturday morning at the HAFENGEBURTSTAG Hamburg, when QM2 calls at Hamburg directly after a passage from New York to Southampton.

QM2 will pass the lightship “Elbe 1

QM2 back in Hamburg today at Blohm & Voss drydock to have external motor pod re-attached following it's repair. Worth getting the train to Landungsbrücken to have look if you haven't seen already this year.

She back again ? :)

A magnificent sight to see the Queen of the Seas and well worthwhile to see her move effortlessly down the Elbe past the usual crude container vessels.