Can my wife apply for einbürgerung along with me

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I've been waiting in long queues at the ABH/landratsamt to get some clarity on this topic. I know that spouse and kids can apply along with the main

applicant but couldn't find info on whether they should also take up sprachkurs/test and more importantly the einbürgerungstest.

Also, We've been married only for about a year now. Are there any conditions on that? 

As far as I am aware, your spouse needs to qualify to some extent, that is, in terms of language, einbürgerungstest, etc. but the children don't need any of these things. The best bet will be to visit the ABH and make enquiries about your specific situation. At times, it might also depend on the person you meet. You might also visit here to read more about it: www.info4alien.de

Are you asking if your wife automatically qualifies for a citizenship because you qualify? If so, I highly doubt that. If you get citizenship (after getting your naturalization certificate) then it is likely that the conditions that qualifies your wife (being married to a German citizen) change, i.e. simplify.

The only valid information can be given by your ABH.