E104/E106 Format advise asked to get health insurance

3 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I read many posts here but mostly are from 2017 or older. I am wondering if there a some new ways and advises that could help me to solve my problem.

I am from Denmark and moved to Berlin. I applied as Selbstaendig to TK but they want the E104. Denmark is refusing to hand it out since I did not have in the last time a permanent adress there (I was staying at friends places and subrenting since I had longer the plan to move out).

I talked to TK. They wrote to the danish health system to get the E106 but did not get a reply. I called them and they will write again to Denmark but I did not get the feeling that they are really interested to solve it without E104/106.

I tried to tell them what I read here e.g. if a letter from a danish doctor confirming that I am insured there. I also told them of the UK (its seems to be the same health system as in Denmark) that they also never reply and that the TK accepted other proofs.

However they did not want really to listen. The person hinted a bit I should go back and forth and use the EU Krankenkarte although I pointed out that this is allowed only for 3 month.

I am stuck and was wondering if somebody could give me advise what I could do more.

Thanks a lot!

Morden

Other public health insurance companies are much more forthcoming,,,,  especially the smaller ones who are more eager to get any new clients they can. Give up with TK and get yourself set up with one of the smaller public health insurances. And some of the active and specialized brokers here on Toytown could actually help you with that (would be nice, though, if you then decide to give them some other of your insurance business, too, because public insurance pays only a meager80-EUR fee to a broker which does not even come close to covering the costs for advising you and setting you up. 

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi there,

thanks a lot. I was thinking of contacting another public health insurance but I was a bit unsure how it would look to them and if it would be a similar procedure (with the same negative result).

Could you tell me which are smaller ones that could be selected? I picked TK because veryone seemed to say that they are easy to deal with.

Regarding the specialized brokers, how would it work? I really don't earn much money in the moment.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Morden