Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

i am going to rent an apartment ... did i just sign a contract ?

12 posts in this topic

Dear all

I registered to rent an aprtment online

They said the aprtment has been reserved and i got this email after i registered (i did step 3)

I am worried that i signed somehow a contract ...Anyone has any experience with the law in germany ?

1. Registration
    Create an account on the website
  2. Select an apartment
    After logging in you can choose an apartment on the groundplot and click on it
  3. Fill in self-disclosure
    Please fill in every area of the form self-disclosure and send us the complete document
  4. Assessment
    i Live checks your entered data. During this timethe apartment is reserved for you
  5. Receive rental agreement and return it within 5 days
    After a successful check you will receive the rental contract by mail. Please submit it in due time

if you didn't get to signing in step 5, no.  you didn't.

but I hope you made sure there was no fine print about application fees or anything in that direction.  Applying for an apartment online sounds like a makler could very well be involved.  verify those details before you sign any contract as you might end up paying a hefty commission for nothing (as usual with maklers)

@ Tracekira - for goodness sake stop simply "doing" things!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I realise that you are a grown-up, and want to make your own decisions, please, please get somebody to check everything over before you sign-up for anything!

None of us reallyant you to end up in big trouble, but if you continue at this rate, nobody on here will be able to bail you out!

On 7/21/2019, 8:23:51, robinson100 said:

@ Tracekira - for goodness sake stop simply "doing" things!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I realise that you are a grown-up, and want to make your own decisions, please, please get somebody to check everything over before you sign-up for anything!

None of us reallyant you to end up in big trouble, but if you continue at this rate, nobody on here will be able to bail you out!

Too late

I signed the contract ... I hope everything will be well :(

In the original description the contract had to be *mailed back* - which I can only presume means he had to sign it.  and did so. and mailed it.

2 hours ago, slammer said:

Jeeez! Did you actually understand what you signed?

Or actually see the apartment?

Next week on TT, "I sent in an apartment deposit on an apartment that wasn't there.  How can I get my money back"?

5 hours ago, catjones said:

Or actually see the apartment?

Next week on TT, "I sent in an apartment deposit on an apartment that wasn't there.  How can I get my money back"?

I saw the apartment ... they were under construction but the owner promised it will be ready in 2 months ... so finger crossed

11 hours ago, TraceKira said:

I saw the apartment ... they were under construction but the owner promised it will be ready in 2 months ... so finger crossed

Fingers crossed for what outcome? 

Do you you actually want to move in, in which case why all the drama?

If you regret signing the lease you should hope for the apartment not being ready. You might then get out of the lease on the basis of breach of contract. 

14 hours ago, TraceKira said:

*groans*

*bashes head on keyboard*

*groans some more at the stupidity*

*leaves*

On 7/27/2019, 12:04:57, Metall said:

*groans*

*bashes head on keyboard*

*groans some more at the stupidity*

*leaves*

Ok

I got the contract sent to wrong adress  :( . No joke , but i re sent it back to the company and i am waiting for them to send it back signed :P. I think i got followed by bad luck