Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I received a better job offer than the one I came to Berlin for

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I just moved to Berlin on a work visa to join a certain startup, I have an appointment to receive a residence permit coming up (NOT blue card). Anyway now I received a better job offer (that could actually allow me to get a blue card), so I want to know if I can apply to the residency permit with the new job offer? 

Note: 
- My work visa has the name of the first company on it.

It's like ordering a sirloin steak in a restaurant and then you see your neighbour gets some really awesome T-bone steak. Can you still change the order although the cook is already preparing yours?

38 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

It's like ordering a sirloin steak in a restaurant and then you see your neighbour gets some really awesome T-bone steak. Can you still change the order although the cook is already preparing yours?

...That's helpful

17 hours ago, Maram said:

I have an appointment to receive a residence permit coming up

maybe ask the ausländerbehörde people and then report back here?

You can always change your job. Go with the new contract and documents when going for your appointment and they should give you a new one

Yes you can always change your job, but it does sometimes pay to wait a bit especially if you are in the middle of a process that would take very long otherwise. 

For example my Niederlassungserlaubnis was delayed because I had to change jobs and the Ausländerbehörde wanted to wait till my new Probezeit was over before working on my application.