Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anime and manga in Germany

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

First of all I want to apologize in case this topic doesnt belong to this section (I am not sure).

I moved to Munich two weeks ago and I am still looking for a legal way to watch anime and read manga after I was told about how serious it is the problem of watching films/series online in Germany (in Spain I dont know anyone who has ever been fine for watching anything online). I suppose people in Germany also like anime so I would like to know what page do you use (if it is in english it would be great). I thought about crunchyroll but in some forums I read  people sa you can also been fine using that website even if you have to pay to use it and it is supposed to be official. If you could help me it would be great ^^

Thank you!

Do the likes of Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. have what you are looking for? If so, simply subscribe. Maybe someone knows another legal source.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Do the likes of Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. have what you are looking for? If so, simply subscribe. Maybe someone knows another legal source.

No sorry :( Amazon, Netflix, HBO, etc have only few of them so I was looking for a specialized platform for anime. But thansk for the answer ^^

56 minutes ago, Qianh said:

Perhaps get a vpn?

I am not sure if it protects you or not to watch things online =S

2 hours ago, JaviMen said:

I am not sure if it protects you or not to watch things online =S

I'm guessing you're talking about Hentai.

1 minute ago, Chocky said:

I'm guessing you're talking about Hentai.

No :mellow: i was talking about anime (naruto, attack on titans, etc) because people told me using normal websites to watch anime is risky in Germany so I was thinking about crunchyroll but i am not sure if it is safe or not =S any recommendation? do you know if crunchyroll is safe (i wont be fine for watching anime)?

1 minute ago, JaviMen said:

No :mellow: i was talking about anime (naruto, attack on titans, etc) because people told me using normal websites to watch anime is risky in Germany so I was thinking about crunchyroll but i am not sure if it is safe or not =S any recommendation? do you know if crunchyroll is safe (i wont be fine for watching anime)?

What do you mean 'normal websites'? Surely if it's a 'normal website', you're less likely to fall outside what is defined as legal by German law?

1 minute ago, Chocky said:

What do you mean 'normal websites'? Surely if it's a 'normal website', you're less likely to fall outside what is defined as legal by German law?

People told me using normal websites to watch anime is illegal (bc it is streaming etc so it is illegal like in the rest of europe but here it is something serious) so you can get a letter saying you have to paya a fine of 1000€ so i was looking for an official one and I found crunchyroll but some people say that (even if you have to pay to use that one) you can be fine

14 minutes ago, JaviMen said:

People told me using normal websites to watch anime is illegal (bc it is streaming etc

If you're talking about streaming in the way I assume you mean, then that is not a 'normal website'. Unless you are paying a subscription, of which at least a percentage goes to the creator of the content, then you are in the same realm legally as torrents and file sharing, and as someone who found out the hard way that the German authorities do not like illegal content sharing, I can confirm that you are right to be cautious. Why not just buy the DVDs along with a cheap player (if your laptop doesn't have an optical drive?)

2 minutes ago, Chocky said:

If you're talking about streaming in the way I assume you mean, then that is not a 'normal website'. Unless you are paying a subscription, of which at least a percentage goes to the creator of the content, then you are in the same realm legally as torrents and file sharing, and as someone who found out the hard way that the German authorities do not like illegal content sharing, I can confirm that you are right to be cautious. Why not just buy the DVDs along with a cheap player (if your laptop doesn't have an optical drive?)

I am looking for an online platform because usually you cant buy DVD for animes (only for most populars and after  along time), but thanks for the recommendation ^^

We‘d been watching anime on Crunchyroll for years & have no problem. It’s a legal subscription just like Netflix but it has far more anime & manga library than Amazon & Netflix combined. Crunchyroll app is also available on Fire TV. And so, I can definitely say it’s safe to use.