Working possble during the krankgeschrieben date

5 posts in this topic

Hello

I did not work last friday because of a strong headache.

So I went to the house arzt and got a sick leave certificate.

I just needed only one day 12th friday and i told to doctor. Because i have saturday and sunday off.

I thought monday will be fine.

I went to the company and made a submission and came home.

When I cameback home, I checked the sick days until 19th friday, a week later.

At the moment I think I can working monday. Now felling much better than yesterday.

Can I work from Monday or should I take a rest until 19th friday?

My friends told me should be saty home until 19th or changing sick leave certificate.

But i don't going and waiting long time to house arzt.

Many Thanks.

I had heard various things about this like not being covered by insurance if you are working when sick etc which I don't think is actually true though unless possibly if you are operating heavy machinery and are too sick to do it properly.

One time I phoned my health care, AOK and asked them and they said I should stay home unless I go to the doctor again to get it changed.  I talked to the boss about it and he said if you want to come back early and they say you should change it, then change it.  So I went to the doctor and said I feel fine and want to change my sick note and he said no, you should take a rest.  

see, this is exactly why I am hesitant to go for a sick note on day one.  My employer likes it when we do, as they get reimbursed for the sick day, but my doc always wants to sign me out for several days or a week's time, which is often overkill.  I don't find the extra days relaxing or health promoting at all - instead I feel a bit conflicted and guilty. 

If your employer is getting reimbursed, all the more reason to get your sick note changed so they don't get the benefit of you working as well as cashing money from the insurance because you are written off sick.  This was one of the reasons AOK mentioned to me as to why I need to change my sick note if I go back early.

I guess many doctors write you off for more days to prevent you coming back daily to extend.  If you feel your doctor is too generous with the sick days and is not willing to write 1 day when you say you only need one day, then change doctors.

no chance!

my doc is right around the corner and when I'm sick, I don't even want to travel that far.  I can live with it, it just seems less than ideal.