Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Removing paint splashes from a car - Munich

2 posts in this topic

Hi

So we are on holiday in Italy with our own car, I come round a corner and end up driving through a fresh pile of wet paint. It looks like it a full paint can fell off a truck, the driver must have picked up the can but just decided to leave the mess there. So now my car has a nice amount of bright blue paint on bodywork, alloys and tires on one side. From what I can tell its not water based paint, its possible massonary paint. Now the insurance will cover it but as we have an excess of 500 euro I´m reaching out to see if anyone has any experience of removing this from a car themselves. Is this the sort of thing which can be removed easily by yourself or done for a few hundred euros from a garage?

I´ve had a look on the net but it seems theres a thousand different sites each with their own method and with US only products, so I´m interested if anyone knows any products I can buy over here. 

Thanks

Sn0wman,

This may sound strange but it really works:  get a couple of cotton rags/cloths and spray where the paint is with WD40 or PB Blaster (it's a solvent for rusted bolts).  Rub/wipe the paint with the cotton cloth.  Might take a couple trys but it really works good. 

S.