Where to shoot firearms?

23 posts in this topic

IPSC is shot in BDS. BUT: You do not necessarily need to be a member of a club that is a BDS member. You can also be part of a DSB club and become an individual member of the BDS. 

For IPSC you need you gun licence (WBK) and then an additional safety course because you are moving around with the gun. 

There is also the BDMP which offers 1500 competitions and Bianchi. 

My husband does both and is waiting for the safety course for the IPSC which is supposed to take place sometime in August. 

His German is rudimentary at best. The IPSC scene is very international and most people we have met a competitions speak English - a lot of the participants don't speak German as the matches are usually international. 

Our local club has a lot of helpful, English speaking members and of course he relies heavily on his very own interpreter, aka me, for the official stuff and paperwork. 

There is one place near Frankfurt where you can get do the theoretical part for the gun license in English. If you need more info, just send me a PM. 

Oh, and most clubs have their own guns. They might not be the best or the fanciest, but since everyone has to be a member for over a year and needs to shoot regularly, before even applying for a license, they need to have some to get the new members trained. 

For example our club: air rifles and pistols, some shotguns, several .22s, one 9 mm, one .357 revolver, one .44 and one .45. 

If someone else is using it, you might need to wait a bit, but they are there for all the members to use. 

On 15.7.2019, 09:47:15, unglued said:

I would love to do IPSC, so obviously I need to be a member of a club and going to different countries, not an option.

Crowd source it, who wouldn't want a vacation in the tribal/border regions of pakistan? Keep us updated!