Where to shoot firearms?

23 posts in this topic

Hi!

Is anyone knows where in Munich or around I can find a shooting club, to shoot some firearms?

Of course, I would love become a member one of those clubs

Ok, I'll say it.

A very unfortunate combination of username and topic...

16 hours ago, Metall said:

Ok, I'll say it.

A very unfortunate combination of username and topic...

Pardon me?

The main problem here is that all these clubs have either dead email or website from 1992 so it's very hard to find some real information.

I cannot/do not want to call them by phone, mostly cuz I don't speak German. So I prefer just go there and confront them in person with all my questions. It's easier for them to hang up on me by phone. Hope it makes sense.

So I looking for some actual information.

So "unglued" wants to "confront" gun clubs and "shoot firearms".

Right.

There are two associations:

Bund deutscher Sportschützen and Deutscher Schützenbund.

You could check their website as they seem to be a bit more up to date than some clubs

http://www.ziel-im-visier.de/inhalt/Vereinssuche/

Not sure where to find it on the BDS page, but you could ask the Landesverband Bayern: https://www.bdsnet.de/ueber_uns/landesverbaende.html

When you go talk to them, make sure you ask about what kind of shooting they do, what kind of calibers, disciplines etc.

Some clubs will make new members shoot air guns for the first year, followed by a year of small caliber shooting. Some clubs may not have the facilities to shoot anything other than .22. Or only have a couple of 25 m ranges etc.

It all depends on what you want to do and what kind of shooting you want to get into.

Any place in Germany that let`s you go there and "shoot some firearms" despite the fact you do not speak any German should be closed down.

18 hours ago, maxie said:

Some clubs will make new members shoot air guns for the first year, followed by a year of small caliber shooting. Some clubs may not have the facilities to shoot anything other than .22. Or only have a couple of 25 m ranges etc.

OK, so it's not like Texas where daddy tries out a M60, the 14-year-old son an Uzi and mummy has a go with a flame thrower 👻?

New Hampshire is closer.  They are gun crazy and offer plenty of shooting ranges, they provide all kinds of firearms pretty much as Luke describes (not sure about the flamethrowers though)

I still remember my boss inviting me to drive up to his place in NH for the weekend to drink martinis and shoot guns (in tandem, of course).  I declined :) 

The easiest and most red tape-free way to go shooting would probably be to take a trip to Poland. Just google „Shooting ranges in Poland“

@Luke Skywalkerdid he really top off his antics with an exclamation of  "murika!!!"?

Fremdscham.  yep, that's just the right word :)

no need to share these in the future.  in fact I beg you not to!

Had to look up "murika" and Fremdscham, but I will not post it again. Of course, if I see something crazy American, I will post it in "Only in America.."

Outside of Peshawar in Pakistan you used to be able to buy a clip and rent an AK47 for something really cheap. You could also get RPGs and a used cow for the truly sadistic.

Probably cheaper than anything in Germany. Not sure about the club scene though.

27 minutes ago, mako1 said:

You could also get RPGs and a used cow for the truly sadistic.

Hey, fresh hamberders!

16 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Had to look up "murika" and Fremdscham, but I will not post it again. Of course, if I see something crazy American, I will post it in "Only in America.."

oh no - I was totally kidding.  I for one enjoy your random interjections wherever they pop up.  I really was teasing

I would love to do IPSC, so obviously I need to be a member of a club and going to different countries, not an option.

Google gun clubs (Schützenvereine)  in your area. Most will only have air rifles/pistols and small caliber firearms. Find one that has the type of ranges that you are looking for. Be aware that most gun clubs are for sports shooters who usually have their own firearms. So if you are expecting to find a place that will rent you firearms and sell you ammo to shoot at the range, I doubt there are very many of those. I think there are some places offering IPSC style shooting. Use google to find one in your area.