Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bought counterfeit clothes

43 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, denisholc said:

So basically a law that says selling counterfeit goods is forbidden is rendered useless. In the future I shoud definitely think about buying clothes from china and selling here in Germany because nobody can touch me.

No, that's not what I'm saying. (and I'm saying it based on U.S. experience)  What I'm saying is courts and law enforcement aren't much interested in enforcing trademark protection laws.  But, trademark owners are interested.  You probably have a civil claim against the seller that he sold you something different than what he offered you.  The trademark owner has a claim against the seller too, because he sold goods that violate the trademark owner's trademark rights. 

But, if the trademark owner takes action it doesn't help you.   And for you to take action is likely not worth the expense. 

The harsh reality that trademark counterfeiters often get away with it doesn't make becoming a counterfeiter a good business risk.

All law is useless unless it is implemented. And it is impossible to implement a great deal because the law is too complex, too far-reaching, too cumbersome and too costly. Our Rechtsstaat is a fragile thing and much of it illusionary. Society is a jungle although we are lulled into thinking otherwise.