Weiterbildung eligibility without vocational qualification?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So my boss is asking me to do an IHK Course, Elektrofachkraft (IHK) für festgelegte Tätigkeiten, and is offering to pay for it.

I'd love to do the course, as the work I'm involved in is very technical, and I'd need the certificate in order to secure the next promotion. I dropped out of college after being offered a well paid Job in 2007, so I've only got British High School qualifications (GCSE). According to the IHK Website, you need to have a vocational qualification in order to participate in the course.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience in this sort of situation. Someone at work told me you can qualify for the course without a vocational qualification, as long as you've been working in a technical industry for a while, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Adam.

Yeah, they usually say oder vergleichbare Qualifikation for stuff like that. If your employer vouches for you, I'm sure you won't have any trouble.

The IHK hates turning down money, too.

http://etf.bgetem.de/htdocs/r30/vc_shop/bilder/firma53/dguv_grundsatz_303-001_a11-2016.pdf

"Voraussetzung für die Ausbildung zur Elektrofachkraft für festgelegte Tätigkeiten ist

eine abgeschlossene Berufsausbildung oder eine gleichwertige berufliche Tätigkeit.

Diese Aus bildung bzw. Tätigkeit muss für die festgelegten Tätigkeiten durch eine

zusätzliche Ausbildung im elektrotechnischen Bereich ergänzbar sein."

Should work, if your employer can prove that you're good at what your doing, comparable to somebody who has vocation training in that field

Just be sure  that there is an electrician in your company. A EffT may only follow written work instructions, and these have to be written by a real electrician. If these work instructions don't exist the Efft certificate is useless, for you and for your employer.

18 hours ago, franklan said:

Should work, if your employer can prove that you're good at what your doing, comparable to somebody who has vocation training in that field

Great stuff! This was exactly what I was wondering (Y)

18 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

The IHK hates turning down money, too.

Weird, eh? xD

Thanks guys!